Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I have my updates set to notify me when updates are available but let me choose when to install them, which it did. Problem is that Microsoft must have decided I was taking too long to install it's updates so it decided to do it for me. I find that a little unnerving installing files on my computer whether I want them or not, why give us options if they are going to overrule them?

Now that my computer is completely updated, I am turning updates off as they are taking up all of my hard drive space. I am curious as to what Microsoft will do now to get it's updates on my computer.

Moonbounce

Movieman990

Overall a good thing ?

It's a bit unnerving that's true but overall may not be a bad thing.

What bugged me was when they went to version 10 after version 8 had problems. An update of my Win 7 was made without my permission and they autoloaded 10 overnight. Imagine my surprise the next morning. For a month or more the autoupdate did that. I finally went with an "app" called something like "never 10" and it blocked that auto update.

I am still using Win 7 and they still support it but I think that ends in the next year or so, but maybe by that time they will be up to Win 15 or 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.