Ohio DSDPlus users (check-in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If you're in Ohio and you are familiar with using DSDPlus and have all of the necessary equipment and a willingness to search the bands for trunked DMR / NXDN / IDAS sites (and I suppose even P25 sites), please check in.

There are a lot of wide-area trunked systems in Ohio - mostly MotoTRBO Connect Plus but also NEXEDGE and IDAS. We have a lot of sites on these various systems documented in the DB. But there is always room for improvement.

The reason I'm asking for people who specifically are using DSDPlus is because DSDPlus will reveal site neighbors (if advertised) on trunked DMR / NXDN / IDAS -- which does indeed help us with identifying some sites.

What I'm hoping is that some people will step up and take time out to look around on 150-174 mhz, 420-425 mhz, 450-470 mhz, 770-775 / 850-860 mhz and 930-940 mhz. Basically, if you start searching around the bands with DSDPlus, you are going to find a lot of signals. If they are part of a trunked wide-area system they are going to have a System ID, and a Site ID / Site Number and will usually be broadcasting a neighbor list when monitoring the control channel.

For the purpose of this particular thread, the interest is in networked multisite systems -- not single DMR / NXDN conventional. If you run across single-channel, non-networked digital stuff that isn't in the DB and you know who it is, by all means submit it. But the big interest here is mapping out more fully all of the wide-area trunked systems (MARCS-IP excluded and most public safety systems excluded since they are well documented).

Please do check the database before submitting new data or posting it here. If the data you find is already in the DB, it will not serve a useful purpose to post it here. Of course, if there is a site documented in the DB and you find some new frequencies / a new control channel / or have an updated neighbor list, we definitely could make use of that information. It is preferred that any new data found be submitted directly to the trunked system in the DB. But if you find something new, please post it here -- whether it be a new trunked site on a wide-area system or new details about additional frequencies, control channels, confirmed LCNs.

I'm willing to help out anyone who has questions about using DSDPlus or questions about what they are finding when they search the bands with DSDplus. I'd like to see a lot more people using DSDPlus since its such an awesome program that can help you find out so much information the digital activity in your area.

If you are in a particular area and willing to share the area you are in and are looking for ideas on what specifically to check on, make a post. I'll try my best to provide some ideas regarding where to look and what to look for.

Anybody interested ?

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

You can count me in. I am already routinely checking the frequencies around lorain and cuyahoga with DSD+. I have just recently added the 930-940mhz ranges. I will look back to see what I am still working on mapping and post.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike,

You can count me in. I am already routinely checking the frequencies around lorain and cuyahoga with DSD+. I have just recently added the 930-940mhz ranges. I will look back to see what I am still working on mapping and post.

Thanks, John. I / we are certainly interested in anything new. I like to focus on the trunked systems, as you know. But I am also simply interested to know what is going on with various frequencies up in NEOH that belong to such places like North Coast, Vasu, Electromm, Futronics, B&C, etc.

Over the past few months I have deprecated quite a few of the trunked systems that were added over 10 years ago and never updated / confirmed online. There are probably still some around though. And as you know, some of the stuff we have in the DB is listed as LTR when they are probably now NXDN.

I'd say (for you and anyone else) that any DMR / NXDN / IDAS is of interest if its not in the DB. If you find some conventional freq that is DMR / NXDN and you can get a color code / RAN on it but aren't sure where it is, at least post it and maybe some others around will program it in and give it a listen.

Ideally though, my big interest is in the trunked systems... and that's probably your interest too.

Thanks for checking in and being willing to participate. Of course, I suspected you would since you often submit new stuff.

Mike

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Maybe a separate thread on LTR systems? I have a whole list of ltr frequencies and lcn that I was trying to map with LTR analyzer. Unfortunately when I have time most are quite.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Maybe a separate thread on LTR systems? I have a whole list of ltr frequencies and lcn that I was trying to map with LTR analyzer. Unfortunately when I have time most are quite.

I'd love to do that, but it's probably more trouble than it is worth. Yes, there are still LTR systems out there. You and I have both documented some findings within the past year. But what I have found and confirmed I've already submitted to the DB. Much of what I found / confirmed was for Domer sites, legacy Electrocomm LTR, and some North Coast / Vasu type stuff up north.

I'm not sure who else would even want to work on LTR stuff. But, you know my email address. If you wanna throw any LTR stuff at me shoot me an email. For the stuff I have confirmed, I have tried to put notes on the relevant systems indicating what was confirmed to be active LCNs for an LTR site, and when I had confirmed that. The 420 mhz stuff is tougher though since often the licenses license the same sets of frequencies to multiple locations.

Mike

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Count me in too!!

Mike,

You are already familiar with my thoughts on this; so, county me in as well..!!

My area of activity is primarily Souithwest Ohio with a bit of East Central Indiana thrown in for good measure....

Our Wide-area networked systems (in my area) include P & R Communications Connect+ system, Mobilcomm Connect+ and a little ERS-OCI (Indiana/Kentucky)....

With regard to LTR (in our area any way); they are disappearing quickly... Primarily because the radio shops around here are pushing the "newer technology" hard; as well as using the reasoning that parts for the LTR systems are antiquated and becoming harder to find when needed...

I have a Pro-106 dedicated only to LTR in my area, and; out of the fifteen systems I have programmed in to it, there are seventeen users total still on them. Eight of those users are on one system alone. The other nine users apparently are the sole user of their own "personal" LTR systems. Other systems I have programmed in, I have heard ZERO activity on since I started monitoring them back over three months ago.... The way I see it; its just a matter of time before those systems go "pooof"...

Will help when I can....

Davey1

As I've done in the past, I'll help out as time permits in NW Ohio, primarily Toledo, Bowling Green and Findlay areas. I haven't had the DSD equipment turned on in a month or two, but will do so. I think I have it set right now to only catch DMR systems, but I will delete that parameter and try to listen to all modes.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Daves x 2. I'm hoping to entice a new one to come into the fold. But in the end, it might just be the five of us (including my buddy Doc up north of me) handling all of Ohio :(

We'll persevere !

mike

tripleplay905

Count me in Mike! I don't have as much time these days but I do still try and look around for the exact stuff you are looking for. I'm around central/north summit county. I'll see what I can find.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Count me in Mike! I don't have as much time these days but I do still try and look around for the exact stuff you are looking for. I'm around central/north summit county. I'll see what I can find.

Thanks, T !. Well, when I do have a request of you when you get a chance.

For the longest time, 451.0375 was the CON+ CC for the Akron Futronics site. I have not heard it in months (could be propagation / could be offline / could be that the CC changed).

So I have a few things for you to check out (time permitting):

1. use DSDPlus and check 454.000 - 454.700 range for any active CON+ or NXDN control channels
- provide documentation for anything that you find which isn't already in the database including System ID, Site ID, control channel freq LCNs, RANs, neighbor lists, etc.

(you likely will only find System 182 Futronics CCs and Domer Communications NXDN control channels -- and thus you can cross reference what you find with what is in the DB for those two systems to determine if you have anything new.

2. See if you can find site 182-21 CON+ control channel (Akron Futronics) on 454 mhz and on the freqs below

WQQT306

WQVJ285

Thanks !

Mike

AtlasFBG2

The first week in July I was in Akron.

There was nothing active for that site on any frequency. I was only a block away from the building where the antenna sits on.

There was also nothing active in Canton on any frequency.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The first week in July I was in Akron.

There was nothing active for that site on any frequency. I was only a block away from the building where the antenna sits on.

There was also nothing active in Canton on any frequency.

Sorry, I forgot about you -- another signal sleuther. Thanks for jumping in. Ok on Akron/Canton. I know it used to be active as Site 21 451.0375 but I guess they took it down or it burnt up or something. There was probably never an actual transmission made on the site anyway, other than radio techs. That's the way it is with all the sites in East Ohio.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Looked around tonight and as Atlas said there was nothing active for that site that I could find.

Ok thanks. Guess it's offline then. Go figure. Thank you for checking.

When you do get time over the rest of the year, please do search around on 454 and report any new findings / updates. I suspect you should see at least one or two trunked sites on 454 mhz.

Thanks

Mike

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I went back and verified this morning some of my notes/questions/finds for trunk systems

Cuyahoga area

Domer NXDN site 181-4 reports a neighbor (12) not yet in the RR db I have been unable to find it

Downtown Hilton Cap+ (464.225) Site 1 reports a neighbor of 2 I have never heard any traffic except on the one frequency

Lorain area

Cap+ system on 464.1625 DCC 5 LCN 1 TG 255 I believe it might be the American sports riddell facility.

I did notice that this site the few times I heard voice would report in DSD+ Site 1 then Site 31 then Site 1 and repeat a few times.

I have also seen this on other Cap+ sites occasionally. I am guessing some default cap+ setup that was never changed or incorrect setup.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
I am working on the REM Communications (NXDN)site in Licking and Franklin Co. I have only been using my every day laptop to monitor when I am watching TV but I plan to set up another computer dedicated to this system this week. If any one has any knowledge of this system it appears to me that the CC for Franklin Co site and Licking Co site are the same. When I am watching DSD+ the site numbers will change but I do not notice a change in signal sound or strength. I hope to put on a dummy load and drive to the Licking Co site to see what I find.

Other than that I am keeping an eye on the Etna AEP site. I live in SW Licking and work in NW Franklin Co. Let me know what you need and I will try and make it happen.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am working on the REM Communications (NXDN)site in Licking and Franklin Co. I have only been using my every day laptop to monitor when I am watching TV but I plan to set up another computer dedicated to this system this week. If any one has any knowledge of this system it appears to me that the CC for Franklin Co site and Licking Co site are the same. When I am watching DSD+ the site numbers will change but I do not notice a change in signal sound or strength. I hope to put on a dummy load and drive to the Licking Co site to see what I find.

Other than that I am keeping an eye on the Etna AEP site. I live in SW Licking and work in NW Franklin Co. Let me know what you need and I will try and make it happen.

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep you in mind for central Ohio stuff :)

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
FOR NW Ohio DSDPlus users

For NW Ohio area DSDPlus users:

Please check and see if you can pick up a digital signal on:

If so, please report any/all information you can regarding the type of signal, any system/site IDs, neighbors, color codes, RANs, channel numbers, etc.

I believe those two frequencies to be an active part of a trunked system (that isn't necessarily based out of NWOH) but will not say anything further until I get confirmation from NWOH users that the signals are eminating from that area. Unless I'm wrong, they are probably coming from the Toledo, Napoleon and/or Findlay area and/or the southern tip of Michigan.

Tnx

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.