MARCS Agency Tower Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

btclark08

Premium Subscriber
I have looked around and not found what I'm looking for. It may be that I am not using the correct phrases.

Is there a list somewhere which shows what agencies are carried on what site locations.
For example. I was not hearing anything from OSP on the Columbus City site, then realized that was because I needed to be on Columbus Marcs Site for OSP Zone 6.

Is there a list anywhere which has this information?

Thanks
Brian

au1344

Premium Subscriber
A quick way to figure it out is any TG in the 175XX-184XX range and all state agencies are on Columbus MARCS, 57XXX range is on Columbus City, and 61XXX range is on the Franklin County sites. Now of course some agencies can roam to other towers such as Grove City being on both county and city.

Here is a list from what I have found out.

Columbus MARCS:
Gahanna, Whitehall, Bexley, New Albany, Grandview Hts, OSU, CSCC, Hospitals, Reynoldsburg (can roam), State Agencies, and Brice if you really want to hear them.

Columbus City:
Columbus, MECC, Westerville, Hospitals (can roam), SW/Grove City (can roam), Airport Public Safety (can roam), FCSO (can roam), Capital U (can roam), Metro Parks, (can roam).

Franklin County sites:
FCSO, SW/Grove City, Reynoldsburg, Metro Parks, Airport, Capital U, County services.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps maybe it’s because I’m going through the Tapatalk App not the actual website maybe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The mapping between talkgroups and sites is not fixed. A talkgroup may be restricted to a specific site or group of sites, or may be allowed to follow any talkgroup user to whatever site(s) they are near.

For example, a county snowplow talkgroup will probably be restricted to sites within that county. But if a site goes down, or there are coverage issues, it may also be broadcast from sites outside the county to fill in coverage gaps.

Talkgroups can also roam to follow their users. The governor's security detail can roam anywhere covered by the system. But it won't be broadcast on every site, only sites that are being used by security detail personnel.

IMO your best bet is to not worry about mapping talkgroups to sites. It's going to be wrong, and will change frequently in many cases. Instead, monitor every site that can be received from your location, and you'll maximize the chances of hearing what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.