GHFS Call sign help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Listening today 8/18/18, around 1800UTC , in central Iowa, on 11.175 USB I heard the call signs "DARKSKY", "EXPLETIVE", and what sounded like "REDPEN" or maybe "WRISTPIN". They were being passed priority traffic. Anyone have any ideas on who they are? I have looked through several lists and no luck. I will say at the same time 383.550 mhz, was very busy ,I hear it A LOT, for hours on end in my location. I know it's part of the Northstar system, maybe a connection?? Thanks for any ideas

Haley

Wanted to add another "DIPLOMAT" calling "MAINSAIL" (I know who/what MAINSAIL is), just curious if anyone has ever heard the previous three or this one.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Aside from MAINSAIL, these call signs are usually one-time-use tactical calls that will be changed daily.

Identifying them with a particular location or facility will be very difficult indeed.

But that is the point of the changing call signs.

- Chris

Haley

Thanks Chris, much appreciated. Over the years I have been able to identify about 70% of what I hear. But the last 2 days I am really striking out! 0-5 as we speak. Just heard several messages for IRONFIST also. If nothing else I just enjoy the hunt. Mike

Haley

Thanks kma371, good list ! I have several, not this one though. I will say one thing it’s been a good weekend for monitoring here. Curious though has anyone ever heard specific messages for numbers only call sign ?? I had one today “for 310, for 310” then the message. It was again “IRONFIST” passing traffic to them. And a certain “VOLCANOMAN” asking for a radio check on HF. Anyway thanks for the help, got tired of monitoring the local PD, so did some Utility listening today. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.