Rebanding Willacy County Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Not sure if I am posting this in the correct place or not, If I am in the wrong place please move the correct part of the forum.

In the past month or so Willacy county has rebanded and Im unable to update to the newer frequencies of willacy county area. The admin for this area is really busy and hasn't had time to update the database, I was wondering what part of the Fcc database I could retrieve the new frequencies?

Thanks for any assistance.
kb0vwg
wqyy385

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Yes Correct.
Thanks

In general, subtract 15MHz from the original 800 MHz frequency. So, 867.9625 would become 852.9625 MHz.

The 15 MHz drop in frequency has been common for probably well over 90% of rebanded frequencies. Occasionally a frequency had to be changed to something other than the standard 15 MHz lower frequency, but that was not too common.

Also, depending on which scanner you're using, you might have to select the "800 MHz rebanded" channel plan.

700 MHz frequencies are not affected by rebanding.

I see that some sites of that system appear to have already been changed, but if you confirm any updates or other changes, please submit them so that the system listing can be updated.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes Correct.
Thanks
Which scanner are you using? The updated frequencies are already in the database, so you'd simply need to update the system in your scanner. As all five of the updated frequencies for Raymondville have a number 5 (five) in the fourth decimal place, you do not need a custom table to receive the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.