BCD536 - continuously rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Got home yesterday to find my 24/7 BCD536 continuously rebooting.

Upon reboot, it loads the Favorite list, sometimes starts to scan for maybe 10 seconds, or immediately reboots. Rinse and repeat. For ever and ever.

Changed to new SD card, reformatted, cleared user data, updated firmware, reloaded database and favorites list. Results as above.

Performed factory reset: dept+2+9 keys, screen indicated returned to default / factory settings. Results as above.

Question: Is there anything else I can do before sending this (relatively new: 11/13/2017) radio to Uniden for service?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I would try one more card, just to rule out the remote possibility that you have 2 bad cards. But it sounds like you've already done all the obvious stuff.

troymail

Silent Key
Sounds extreme but perhaps there is something in one of the programmed the systems themselves or programming that the firmware doesn't like and/or got corrupted. If you haven't already tried it, maybe start with totally fresh programming on the old and/or new SD card and/or a limited configuration of one system.... just an idea.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Sounds extreme but perhaps there is something in one of the programmed the systems themselves or programming that the firmware doesn't like and/or got corrupted. If you haven't already tried it, maybe start with totally fresh programming on the old and/or new SD card and/or a limited configuration of one system.... just an idea.

That's a good idea. I've tried 3 different SD cards, two new and one I scrounged from another device - no joy. I'll try a simple profile and see what happens.

Update:

No joy - same result. Guess it's going in for (hopefully) warranty service.

Last edited:

jasonhouk

Reconstruct database and only download/ monitor full database first. If successful download/monitor one favorites list at a time. Keep doing this if successful to rule out corrupted FL.

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hey maus92, did your problem get solved? One of my two 536s has developed this exact problem spontaneously this afternoon. Tried all the same remedies you've done with no results.

Getting ready to send it for service, but curious what the problem was if you know.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hey maus92, did your problem get solved? One of my two 536s has developed this exact problem spontaneously this afternoon. Tried all the same remedies you've done with no results.

Getting ready to send it for service, but curious what the problem was if you know.

Yes I did. Sent the radio to Uniden for repair. Took about 3 weeks. They replaced a flex cable which I *assume* attaches the card reader to the board. Not sure if that's your problem, but my radio was repaired successfully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.