What's going on in Atlantic City ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelincoln

I have two trunked scanners on AC FD and PD and neither one is picking up anything? What's going on?

Did they change a frequency or setting?

acscan

They left their Motorola system and are now on the Atlantic Co Trunking system. PD is now encrypted too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
This hits very hard for me nostalgically.

ACPD was the very first agency I listened to was ACPD back in 1971. My family had a summer home in AC and my uncle who lived there had a tunable let me listen to the police on 155.130 and I got hooked. This was a year before ACPD added UHF for the mobiles. Before the trunked system, ACPD operated on both VHF and UHF. VHF (called "PD") was used in the mobiles and UHF (called "TAC") for the portables. The dispatcher transmitted on both frequencies simultaneously. When a mobile and portable keyed up at the same time you would hear the dispatcher say "double transmission".
I bought a cheap Lafayette VHF receiver shortly after to listen to ACPD, ACFD etc.

A year later my next door neighbor (wife of an ACFD battalion chief) bought a Electra Bearcat III scanner and
I was mesmerized by the 8 blinking lights. I saved my money for a year or so and bought a Tennelec 12 channel scanner. Shortly after I traded it with a friend for a 16 channel scanner. The rest was history.

This is truly a very sad day for me!

joelincoln

Joe C.,
Same for me. I started listening in the early '70s as well. Had two tunable VHF radios... one for PD and one for Fire (Wide awake, Wide awake).

I got the Bearcat 210 for christmas - 10 channel VHF/UHF programmable ! I was in heaven.

According to ACSCAN, the entire county, including AC is going onto the new P25 county system. No one has much info yet and I can't get it to work on my scanners either, even for unencrypted traffic.

If anyone has any updated info, please post !

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
AC Pub Saft

My wife & I came down from Reading, Pa for the airshow. We haven't been down since 2015 due to health reasons. I too wondered what happened to the ACPD. Thanks to you guys here I found out. I did hear some ACPD activity on the Motorola Smartzone system on PD 4 Tac A and PD 6. Also hearing some dispatches on Emergency Ops 1. I'll see what happens with the Beach Patrols at the practice show Tues.
Rich

Eugene

I live in Portsmouth VA and used to get ACPD loud and clear when skip was running on Chesapeake PD frequency of 155.130. Ah the days.

Eugene KG4AVE

joelincoln

>> I live in Portsmouth VA and used to get ACPD loud and clear when skip was running on Chesapeake PD frequency of 155.130. Ah the days.
Eugene KG4AVE

I heard VA from AC at times also.

joelincoln

Okay, all... I just took out a second mortgage and ordered the Uniden SDS100 since none of my current scanners are capable of decoding P25 Phase II.

As soon as it arrives, I'll start posting updates on this new system and hopefully, good news about what is still receivable.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Thanks in advance - no else has yet to submit any new data from AC on the county system, and is there clarification that the AC Motorola system is still on-line?

joelincoln

The only thing I can verify is still on the 'old' AC system is EMS. FD and PD are definitely dead there.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Atlantic Co EMS

During the practice air show I did hear Atl Co EMS 1 dispatch several calls to the boardwalk.
Rich

W2SJW

Database Admin
The only thing I can verify is still on the 'old' AC system is EMS. FD and PD are definitely dead there.
And that's nothing more than a patch to begin with.

I wonder if city municipal services will stay on the old system, or will everything move to the county system?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So ACFD dispatch and primary ops is on TGID 14201 on the county 800 system. There may be additional channels I cannot verify at the moment. But I will submit what i have.

acscan

The old Atlantic City Motorola system is still operational for now, but will be decommissioned in the future. Medcom is still simulcasting AC EMS dispatches over the old Atlantic VHF EMS 1, but who knows for how long. But everything that was on the old system will switch to the County system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W2SJW

Database Admin
Thanks. Please make submissions when the EDACS and AC systems go off-line so we can properly depreciate them.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I was under the impression that even with the switch, and encryption, ACPD had begun silent, MDT only initial dispatch? Is that incorrect?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
how would MDT initial dispatch work if the officer is out of the vehicle, on portable? (no MDT available)

I imagine the dispatcher would know if the unit was stepping out. I do remember an article being posted in this forum though from Atlantic City Press about it some time ago.

joelincoln

UPDATE: Okay... the monster arrived today (SDS100).

I already have it running and have received AC Fire on 14201 ... Hallelujah ! :) Reception is loud and clear.

There's going to be a serious learning curve with this beast. I do have experience scanning trunked systems but this unit is a whole new world. It's also physically smaller than I expected... and, yes, it came with the new, larger battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.