SWL Antenna question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTroyDon

I currently run my Grundig 750 with an Alpha Delta SWL Sloper positioned from approximately 90 degrees to 270 degrees. I recently purchased a FRG-7700 and would like to run the Yaesu thru a secondary antenna positioned 90 degrees perpendicular to the Sloper (0 to 180 degrees). I have 2 questions: Can I run both antennas off the same 25 foot mast and (2) will I run the risk of signal cancellation due to the proximity of the radiating elements?
Ok, maybe a third question....would I be better off using a vertical for the FRG at the top of the mast?
I appreciate any help on this, everyone.
Thanks,
Don

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
You can do everything you describe and should not have any interference or signal cancellation problems, particularly since you're not transmitting. You should give serious consideration to connecting both antennas to a phasing / tuner unit that has two antenna inputs: the "Main" antenna and also a "Sense" or noise antenna. Example would be an MFJ-1025.... or a much more powerful (and expensive) unit from DXEngineering. What this would allow you to do is use variable phase adjustment to cancel out unwanted noise and signals, optimizing the desired signal for reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.