• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P5100 Tracking data issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
I am attempting to program a M/A-Com P5100. When I go to program the radio with with Programmer R18B02, I get an error message reading "No valid tracking data. Use the radio maintenance program to recover the radio before programming." Then I go to Radio Maintenance to read the tracking data from radio, I get the message that reads "Read Tracking Data Complete." however, when I click on tracking data edit to verify that it read, I get an error message saying "No Valid Tracking Data, use Get Status Function with radio connected or read data from file." I then click on get status and under the tracking data version/size it says "Invalid - 0". I'm at a loss here, any information to get this radio programmed would be great. Thanks

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Try writing the tracking data to a file first. You should do that routinely anyway, with both tracking and feature data, so you can recover the radio in the event of a glitch.

Then, read the tracking data file back that you just saved. Now try programming the radio.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a problem getting the tracking data. I put the radio in program mode, then I read the tracking data from radio. I get "Read Tracking Data Complete". When I go to write the tracking data to disk file, A box pops up for me to name the file and I do, then I get an error message saying "No valid tracking data to write".

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I see, How do I go about downgrading the firmware to work in programmer?

overtheair

You should be able to downgrade the p5100 too, long as it was not programmed with rpm2. If this will be just a receive only radio, the default tracking data will be fine otherwise it will need to be realigned.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I finally got this radio reflashed and programmed. Thank you for the link!

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if I need to start a new thread on this. I have two P5100's. One has features: 01,04,07,08,09,10,21,22,23 and the other one has features: 01,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,12,21,22,23,29,30. The only thing that I would like to add to my first radio is feature 29, ProVoice. Is this something that could be done by reflashing or is this also a hardware issue or something more that needs to be done by harris?

snoopyII

Adding ProVoice is done by purchasing an updated feature string from Harris. P5100's are long EOL, so I'm not sure if they will even do it for you. I my opinion you'd be wasting your time even exploring going down that road. With the current prices of both P5100 and 7100's it will be far cheaper to just buy a radio with PV already enabled.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Not sure if I need to start a new thread on this. I have two P5100's. One has features: 01,04,07,08,09,10,21,22,23 and the other one has features: 01,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,12,21,22,23,29,30. The only thing that I would like to add to my first radio is feature 29, ProVoice. Is this something that could be done by reflashing or is this also a hardware issue or something more that needs to be done by harris?

Adding ProVoice to a P5100:

OPTION NUMBER: YRHAMB $250.00

Attachments

• P5100 Feature Price Schedule.jpg
    P5100 Feature Price Schedule.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 74

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
That's what I was afraid of. I don't need it by any means, I just thought I'd add it if it was something easy and inexpensive. My area has moved from a EDACS ProVoice system to a P25 Phase 2 system, so there is no real need for me to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.