Four Winds Campground

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
I spent a couple of hours yesterday outside the Four Winds Campground in Caroline County. Never picked up any activity, even though there was a steady flow of traffic in and out of the entrance. They are licensed for a repeater on 152.3900 (input 157.6500), and were previously licensed for 151.4900. Nothing picked up with Close Call either.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQNR278

Has anyone been there recently? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Outerbanks4wd

Premium Subscriber
The Campground is in a very sad state of affairs. My last visit found the repeater off the air 12/25/2018, visiting friends. No one understands the importance of two way radio down there. In fact they added a second phone number, even trenching in the cable themselves, bc I'm sure Verizon wanted too much money. In the past they would survive on one phone line, between the guard shack and office by using the radio to announce that there was a call. So they went form one phone line, commercial rates bc they are a business, dumped their radio system, new equipment when narrow banding went into effect, to adding a phone line and using cell phones..... Let me know what else you need from down there....

Status
Not open for further replies.