TXDOT trunked system in Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Did they ever finish construction on the Lampasas site?

Logically, Gillesepie and McCulloch counties should be next.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Did they ever finish construction on the Lampasas site?

Logically, Gillesepie and McCulloch counties should be next.

Gillespie is covered by three towers (Doss, Fredericksburg and Luckenbach) from LCRA's P25 network. Not to say that system 13E would never duplicate coverage areas, but it seems unlikely since GC is all in on LCRA and troopers/TXDOT have access to both systems.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
The "control point" listed on the license in Austin is TxWARN Site 96 on 700 MHz and LCRA P25 is 700. This new site is VHF and seems like an unlikely location for TxWARN but TxDOT tends to do their own thing,

Russell

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Gillespie is covered by three towers (Doss, Fredericksburg and Luckenbach) from LCRA's P25 network. Not to say that system 13E would never duplicate coverage areas, but it seems unlikely since GC is all in on LCRA and troopers/TXDOT have access to both systems.

Your making the assumption that all TxDOT trucks have multi-band (or multiple) radios onboard.

Here’s some food for thought. Perhaps TxDOT and and DPS are investing in expanding 13E because of CoA’s policy of those who expand the system are exempt from airtime fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Your making the assumption that all TxDOT trucks have multi-band (or multiple) radios onboard.

Here’s some food for thought. Perhaps TxDOT and and DPS are investing in expanding 13E because of CoA’s policy of those who expand the system are exempt from airtime fees.

I have observed TxDOT on LCRA. I also said that nothing is stopping 13E from expanding into overlapping coverage areas, just as it is Gillespie is all in on LCRA at this time. I still think 13E is going to be the dominant player in Texas with its large VHF footprint. 1A7 will probably cover more users in the long run but with a smaller overall footprint.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed some traffic up in the DFW area from TxDOT still on the Megahertz Technology DMR system. RadioReference has it listed as not being used on the listed talk groups any more but it's wrong. And there are a few other talk groups not listed that are in the same tgid range as the listed talk groups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KE5PL

Mason County Trunking.

TxDOT. Although Mason County is in the Concho Valley COG, Mason County is in the Austin TxDOT District. I think McCulloch is in the Brownwood TxDOT District., so I don't see that happening. Knowing that the DHS grants are drying up, I don't see (hear) any of the CVCOG orphan sites being absorbed by GATRRS.

I believe the CVCOG site at Sonora was taken down because the county didn't want to pay tower rent.

Project25_MASTR

“We are the Borg, you will be assimulated ...resistance is futile...”

Bear in mind, the state own the Zone 2 core infrastructure for GATRRS. Therefore, the state has a vested interest in expanding GATRRS.

Mason county has been a future expansion plan (just like lampasas) to the Western Region Radio System aid coverage of llano and Blanco counties along the western boundaries.

niklas12345

Premium Subscriber
Bear in mind, the state own the Zone 2 core infrastructure for GATRRS. Therefore, the state has a vested interest in expanding GATRRS.

Mason county has been a future expansion plan (just like lampasas) to the Western Region Radio System aid coverage of llano and Blanco counties along the western boundaries.

Yes, DPS technically "OWNS" the Zone 2 core or at east they do now. That is not how that core started out life before it was hijacked. But, that was a long time ago (8-10 years) and it is serving a good purpose now.

Trust me on this...there is a very large vested interest in expanding GATRRS.
Hopefully march up 183 and to the west with sites back to the GATRRS core.

If you could see all this and some of the planned expansion on a map, it is impresive!.
The only issue os the "doughnut hole" called San Antonio.
And before someone says "use ISSI to hook desperate system types together...
ISSI has severe limitations, is HOLY $#@!#%& expensive and there are better ways to do it.

Go check out all the problems the State of CT has had getting their ISSI's running and you'll see what I mean.

"The Borg are coming...Resistance is futile"...

Status
Not open for further replies.