Palm Beach talk around freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

Because of the shooting at a high school football game last week, there is a police presence for tonight’s Palm Beach Central’s game. On LECOM 3, they just told everyone to go to talk around. What freq is that, & is it encrypted? Some deputies are asking “what channel is that”.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
I’m assuming this is a trunked system the deputies were on? If that’s the case their talk around channels are more than likely the standard mutual aid frequencies; 8CALL90, 8TAC91, & etc. If it’s not any of those than look for any public safety conventional licenses under the same licensee for the trunking system, wether it’s the county or the Sheriff’s Office. Then try scanning those frequencies. It’s also a possibility that when they said switch to talk around, they were actually referring to just another channel “talk group” on the system. Instead of an actual simplex channel separate from the trunking system.

On another note, I’m also assuming they’re using the APX line of radios from Motorola which are dual / all band radios. So this means that this “talk around” channel we’re look for might be UHF or VHF if it’s indeed a simplex frequency they’re talking about. It would be a smart idea to put a couple of UHF or VHF simplex frequencies in their radios for actual talk around channels being that it would work much better than using a 700/800 MHz frequency for simplex operations.

- Dawson Adams
K4DPA / WQPN413

On another note, I’m also assuming they’re using the APX line of radios from Motorola which are dual / all band radios.

Not all APX radios are dual/multi band. I’m pretty sure with the exception of a select few radio techs, the average deputy has a single band 700/800 only model.

They are probably referring to a talkgroup not monitored by dispatch on the trunked system. Not a simplex channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

In seminole county, some channels are listed as "talk around" but they are actually trunked talkgroups that are set aside for car to car. They are probably recorded as well.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Not all APX radios are dual/multi band. I’m pretty sure with the exception of a select few radio techs, the average deputy has a single band 700/800 only model.

They are probably referring to a talkgroup not monitored by dispatch on the trunked system. Not a simplex channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the agencies I’ve seen using the APX’s are the dual band or all band. That’s main purpose of that radio. However, south Florida might be an exception since nearly everyone down there is on 700/ 800 MHz.

- Dawson Adams
K4DPA / WQPN413

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Don't know if these made it into the new APX radios or not, but these were the old simplex channels. The could also now be using a digital NAC and ENC:

PBSO SIMPLEX 1 ZONE 1 CH 12 867.2250 DPL 411
PBSO SIMPLEX 2 ZONE 2 CH 12 867.2500 DPL 411
PBSO SIMPLEX 3 ZONE 3 CH 12 868.8000 DPL 411

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
Did you ever find out what frequency LE COMM3 is? If not send me a text as you should have my number and I can make sure you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.