Gameday 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I think the score was eleventybillion to 3.

SMA 1I - Security inside stadium
SMA 1J - Stadium EMS (EMSSTAT bikes, etc)
SMA 1M - Post Game Traffic Control.

And that was pretty much it. CART's talkgroup was busy ("AVOID"! :D) as was NFD's DC. As with the past few seasons, no patches noted.

I have yet to hear any testing on the new system but more of the towers have jewelry on them.

n5bew1

Norman's current system is getting creaky with interference and not so hot sounding receiver sensitivity, So much handheld traffic has a digital popping going on like all the cavities and filtering are not keeping all the digital RF in Norman out of the receivers. Add to that users talking into the mics like they are afraid they might be heard it is a wonder dispatchers hear anything some days.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Norman's current system is getting creaky with interference and not so hot sounding receiver sensitivity, So much handheld traffic has a digital popping going on like all the cavities and filtering are not keeping all the digital RF in Norman out of the receivers. Add to that users talking into the mics like they are afraid they might be heard it is a wonder dispatchers hear anything some days.

It's how things are done here - you know that. Float a bond, buy big, never do maintenance, repeat in 10 years. :)

There is one frequency (of the 14), forget which, that is basically unreadable and has been for years. The settings for Site 40 seem (from my vantage point) to be a little odd because there are some pairs that are almost never used. Pretty weird.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I didn't really get much chance to listen this past Saturday (9/8) but I did leave Unitrunker running. Appears from the counters that the same SMAs were in use.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
And same again for the 9/22 ... Must remember to check the VHF channels to see if any are linked any more ...

plaws

Premium Subscriber
9/28

Same again today. I didn't pay close attention to VHF but I was near the radios more this time and didn't really hear anything. I see *2* hits on 154.8000, the old OUPD repeater.

I am a little amused at how uneven channel assignments are on Site 40. There are a couple channel pairs that during the entire game period (until now, basically) had NO traffic assigned to them. When you look at the four actually-busy channels, there are another four pairs that are almost empty.

Weird.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 130

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of game day, does anyone know how the coaches communicate from the press box to the field and vice versa? I'd imagine you can't monitor it with a scanner.

racer580405

Long time listener, multi time caller
It is encrypted. There are several manufacturers that make self contained base repeater systems. The ones they use in Norman and on the road are rebranded with AT&T logos.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I am a little amused at how uneven channel assignments are on Site 40. There are a couple channel pairs that during the entire game period (until now, basically) had NO traffic assigned to them. When you look at the four actually-busy channels, there are another four pairs that are almost empty.

Weird.

Not that unusual. The alternate CC's won't be assigned as VC's until all other channels are in use, same for BSI channels. Throw in a couple of protected channels and you will probably see channels 5, 6, 7 and 8 used the most.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
It is encrypted. There are several manufacturers that make self contained base repeater systems. The ones they use in Norman and on the road are rebranded with AT&T logos.
Thanks. I figured they'd be encrypted so the opposing team can't intercept what they're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.