BC780XLT: Volume Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3zo

Probably a long shot here. I'm looking for a replacement volume knob for a BC780 scanner, I looked at Uniden parts online and didn't see one listed.

Thought I would post it here in case somebody had an extra one in their parts drawer.

Thanks

tkline98

Premium Subscriber
That's funny, my 780 has been missing the volume knob for years too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ve3zo

i actually just picked this one up . i already have one that is complete and would like this one to match

like i said..probably a long shot finding one.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ubbe

The plastic suddenly splits in two halfs. It happened to my VFO knob but a standard rubber volume knob from a Motorola portable 2-way radio fits perfectly, but the 780 volume knob might look differently where it attaches to the scanner.

/Ubbe

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
The broken knob is a common problem. I have scrounged every place I know and can't find a replacement. If someone knows of a solution that works, I think a lot of people would be grateful to know it, for sure I would. My broke into too many small pieces to glue back together.

ve3zo

uniden has them in stock

.20 cents.

ordered 2 ..just in case

ve3zo

My two 780's had this happen to them. A bit of superglue and some tape to hold it together for a while cured this
probably would have worked for me except the radio was missing the knob when i got it.

hence the need for a replacement

JoeyC

automotive..never thought of looking in that section

yeah but just noticed that is the squelch knob and the volume knob is different. Their search engine leaves a lot to be desired...

JoeyC

Oh No!!!

" WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov"

I sure hope they have a big Prop 65 warning label on that knob:)

LOL, I saw that. What a load of CRAP!

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
The URL is for the squelch knob, not the volume (on off switch) which is what crumbled for me. Still am looking for a solution.

ve3zo

UPDATE.

I received the replacement knobs today. Much to my dismay they were the Squelch knobs and NOT the volume knobs.

The wrong parts were sent.

I guess I'm calling Uniden parts tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.