TRX 1 speaker volume, disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoney250

Even after clicking on the ABST option for my favorite channels and turning volume to MAX, I'm disappointed in the volume of this unit. I had a PRO 96 in my car before this one and it was definitely much louder.

Anyone suggest a NON amplified speaker I can plug into the headphone jack to boost the audio voluime?

Thanks

lou9155

my handheld bcd436 has weak audio too..hard to hear in a car..but you will need a powered amplified speaker . i use PC speakers . do you have usb outlets in your car?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
if your car has a AUX jack or Bluetooth there are plenty of options, if not then amplified speaker is the only way.

DJ11DLN

X2 you will need amplification as what comes out of the headphone jack will be considerably less than you can get out of the speaker, which is a safety feature (nobody likes burst eardrums). If you're using it mobile just get a stereo jumper and plug it into the auxiliary-input on your car's radio, you can make it as loud as you need it that way. Another option is an FM micro-transmitter if you own an older vehicle without an aux-in jack. Or just use a dedicated amplified speaker if that suits you better. A set of amplified computer speakers works very well.

frazpo

I have a CANZ 808 bluetooth speaker that I use for both the TRX and the 436HP. It comes with a short AUX cord. Sets in the cupholder perfectly. Amplifies and makes the digital sound awesome.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
You can boost the P25 audio by raising the ADC and DAC to their maximum values. The thing I like about the TRX1, is that even at MAX volume, the speaker doesn't distort or vibrate the case annoyingly, like on the Uniden 436 or other older scanners. The audio and clarity stays crystal clear.

Paul

Ubbe

ADC are analog-to-digital that are supposed to be the level to the decoder chip for digital signals. So I wouldn't think it will change anything at the speaker side but will change the decoders possibility to correctly decode a digital signal. If Whistler haven't mixed up the ADC and DAC labels.

/Ubbe

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
DAC with increase or lower the digital transmission audio, it will not effect analog, use it to more balance the very loud digital with the quieter analog transmissions.

ADC Gain Controls input signal to CODEC. Default is +0dB.
Scanner Press ◄ or ► to select -2dB to +2dB.
Software Advanced Features > Advanced DPS Settings > ADC Gain- -2dB to +2dB.

DAC Gain Sets output signal from CODEC varying the audio level of decoded digital signals. Default is -4dB.
Scanner Press ◄ or ► to select -10dB to +2dB.
Software Advanced Features > Advanced DPS Settings > DAC Gain- -10dB to +2dB.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Does the TRX1 have the same method as the RS106 using a piece of wire to short out the resistor from antenna to metal external spkr output using a lapel speaker....Makes the RS106 nice and loud using RS lapel spkr…..

Status
Not open for further replies.