Chester County, PA tones at the END of a fire/EMS dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

iversm24

Hello everyone.
So I am an EMT, and for 3 years I ran for a fire company in Chester County. I basically understand 98 percent of paging and tones and all that...but what I never understood was why they play a second set of tones at the very end of the dispatch that sound very similar to your station tones but do not activate any pagers and it only happens on some dispatches. Anyone have any insight?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Here in NJ many agencies use that after-tone to trip the town's siren (or have re-purposed it to turn on the firehouse inside lights).

One13Truck

Feed Provider

Nice! Years ago I used to be able to get Chester County here in Northeastern Pa when conditions were good. Not often but enough to keep it in the scanner just for fun. And I always have it added in if I travel south. I always loved hearing what I called the "Chesco beeps". Very unique and easy to tell what county it was even if it was a very poor signal up here. I kind of wish more places did something like that. Quirky but in a good way. I don't get to hear them very much anymore. I'm glad to see they haven't eliminated it over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.