BCT15 programming cable needed for FW

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazpo

I recently purchased a used BCT15 to monitor air bands. I wasn't aware that you could not update the FW with a serial cable on the rear port. I would rather not spend $30 for the cable if I would really only use it one time to update the latest and probably the last firmware version on the BCT15. That being said would anyone mind lending me the cable if I were take care of all the mailing expenses. I would even send you the self addressed envelope to make effortless on your part. After I update I simply mail it back. You can rest assure you will get it back. I can speak directly by phone or simply PM for details. It would greatly appreciated.

lou9155

i doubt anyone will lend you the cable..you really should spend the money just like myself and many folks did ....only about 25 30 bucks from amazon or ebay.....you will need it every time you make a change to your programming

frazpo

No I won’t. I program it from the back port with a serial cable. Doesn’t hurt to ask. Like I said in my post I only need to upgrade the firmware one time for the scanner that is the reason I am asking simply to borrow. it’s a waste of money to spend 30 bucks for something I will never probably use again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frazpo

It’s at 1.03. I’ve helped people like this before myself. I’m not sure when I’m getting replies on buying one. Lol. I simply was asking to use something one time. If i needed it for good I would buy it. This is no different than asking the neighbor to borrow something.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It’s at 1.03. I’ve helped people like this before myself. I’m not sure when I’m getting replies on buying one. Lol. I simply was asking to use something one time. If i needed it for good I would buy it. This is no different than asking the neighbor to borrow something.

Since you're in Missouri, maybe have your thread moved to the state forum. At least it would be seen then by someone reasonably near you.

frazpo

Ya true. It’s not a huge deal. I’ll just end up buying one I suppose if no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.