Whistler TRX-1 & Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker worked just fine with my WS-1088 when I got it a couple years ago... no reason it shouldn't work with a TRX-1.

Unitrunker should automatically switch it into CC-Dump mode. Park the scanner on an unused TG so the CC data is not interrupted. Should work fine.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker worked just fine with my WS-1088 when I got it a couple years ago... no reason it shouldn't work with a TRX-1.

Unitrunker should automatically switch it into CC-Dump mode. Park the scanner on an unused TG so the CC data is not interrupted. Should work fine.

Will you please explain how to set up the receiver when using TRX-1?

budevans

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I'd love to... but I have to figure it out again myself... got a new PC since then and my configuration is lost... and it's time for dinner and to finish the Cubs game. I'll figure it out tomorrow!

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Whistler and Unitrunker

Just set the scanner with the IF output from the menu.
Then do a limit search and hold on the control channel.
Plug a cord from the headphone jack of the scanner to your computer's input.
Run Unitrunker and have it set for discriminator tap input.

QUOTE=budevans;2995172]From the link you provided see the link on the left hand side of the page to GRE PSR-800. It will take you to this web page: UniTrunker | PSR-310 | PSR-410 | PSR-500 | PSR-600 | PSR-700 | PSR-800

Unitrunker will work with the IF output from the GRE PSR-800. The TRX-1 provides the same IF output. Page 47 of the TRX-1 manual.[/QUOTE]

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Sorry this took so long... yes, I'm using UniTrunker with my TRX-1 as we speak.

• Connect your (powered off) TRX to your PC... wait, and make sure they're communicating (set the scanner time to PC time in EZScan).
  • Once you're sure they're communicating, check Device Manager for the Com port they're using.
  • Turn on the scanner, set PC/IF CC Dump on, park on an unused TG, then run UniTrunker.
  • Click the + sign to add a new receiver, select WS1080, set the Com port from Device Manager, 9600, 8, 1, none.
  • Boom, done... a new window should open and you'll see the traffic activity.
Of course you can also use the IF/headphone method as well.

Will you please explain how to set up the receiver when using TRX-1?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sorry this took so long... yes, I'm using UniTrunker with my TRX-1 as we speak.

• Connect your (powered off) TRX to your PC... wait, and make sure they're communicating (set the scanner time to PC time in EZScan).
  • Once you're sure they're communicating, check Device Manager for the Com port they're using.
  • Turn on the scanner, set PC/IF CC Dump on, park on an unused TG, then run UniTrunker.
  • Click the + sign to add a new receiver, select WS1080, set the Com port from Device Manager, 9600, 8, 1, none.
  • Boom, done... a new window should open and you'll see the traffic activity.
Of course you can also use the IF/headphone method as well.

Thank you so much, late is better than never. Got it up and working in minutes after you posted!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.