Can't see all of posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed for a couple months that some posts have pages that are available to be viewed but when I click into them, they show the same page.

For instance at this link: https://forums.radioreference.com/o...county-columbus-p25-system-discussion-16.html

I click the next page button or just click on the 17 button and the 16 page displays again. I even changed the URL to this: https://forums.radioreference.com/o...county-columbus-p25-system-discussion-17.html and page 16 redisplays and the URL shows the page 16.

This seems to happen on posts with many pages, some posts have many pages shown. Another post with a similar problem is https://forums.radioreference.com/o...-new-marcs-site-talkgroup-discussion-213.html where There are four additional pages and any time I click on those it goes back to page 213.

This is using a Chrome browser. I guess I'll try Edge or IE.

Thanks.

Stupidfatkid

I'm experiencing the same issue on the link you provided. I'm on a Mac and tried, Chrome, FireFox, and Safari. All had the same result. Must be an issue with the site.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I see to recall that when I reported this a few years ago it was explained that sometimes when posts are removed by the moderators, the page counts sometimes do not get updated and synched properly.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There is no "going away" here. It is absolutely persistent. And the lack of discussion in that thread these days I will blame directly on the funkiness occurring with the constant reloading and inability to read legacy posts that one wants to read.

I would have hoped it would be fixed by now, or that a new thread would have been created for MARCS-IP discussion going forward... but so far nada.

I was told many months ago that nothing was goin to be done because we would soon be switching from Vbulletin to Zenforo and wouldn't have the issue anymore after that.

Mike

zz0468

QRT
Banned
There is no "going away" here. It is absolutely persistent. And the lack of discussion in that thread these days I will blame directly on the funkiness occurring with the constant reloading and inability to read legacy posts that one wants to read.

What's your setting for number of posts per page? When I'm not logged in, the first link shows 17 pages, and I can't get past page 16, like everyone else. When I log in, the thread goes to 7 pages, and I can scroll to the end.

I have my posts per page setting set to 50, not the default. I wonder if that has anything to do with it working for me when I'm logged in.

RFBOSS

"we would soon be switching from Vbulletin to Zenforo"

I would like to see this happen...

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
What's your setting for number of posts per page? When I'm not logged in, the first link shows 17 pages, and I can't get past page 16, like everyone else. When I log in, the thread goes to 7 pages, and I can scroll to the end.

I have my posts per page setting set to 50, not the default. I wonder if that has anything to do with it working for me when I'm logged in.

Hmm I'll test that out and see.

Mike

K7MFC

WRAA720
"we would soon be switching from Vbulletin to Zenforo"

I would like to see this happen...

I hope it's soon, RadioReference has become complicit. It wouldn't be too hard for a serious competitor offering a modern UX to become the new king of the hill.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
I never gave changing the default number of posts per page a thought. I did change it to 50 on my settings and checked a few of the posts I had problems with. Those do display now although I do see a huge gap between posts likely caused by the glitch. However the one Ohio MARCS topic doesn't show me the last 50-100 posts still. So while it's a workaround, some posts won't work around.

It would be nice if it's a matter of re-indexing to pick a date and just do it! Oh we need a RR meme for just do it now. Thank you @BlantonL (if that tags you great) for all of your work on this forum for so many years.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When that happens to me, I change the # of posts displayed, as others suggested. It changes the "pagination" enough that the problem goes away for that instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.