Canton/Stark Co: Unidentified FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESFFSW911

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I have checked and haven't seen this discussed yet, but three or four times the last couple of weeks I have heard what sounds like routine, everyday FD comms on TG ID 19216. That is currently listed as fire disaster. I have tried to ID the department by the dispatchers voices but have been unsuccessful. Then around 9:00 tonight I was able to get an intersection of Booth and Euclid. After a search, the only place I can find Booth/Euclid is Minerva. Could this be Sandy Creek JFD? The only units I have heard was Chief 1, Medic 2, & Medic 3. Not been able to get any apparatus IDs yet to help confirm the department.
Thanks

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
It is Sandy Creek FD (Minerva). They are using this temporarily due to dissatisfaction with their 400 Mhz conventional repeater. They will transition full time on their own talkgroup when the Minerva tower for the new Stark County MARCS system is operational.

ESFFSW911

Premium Subscriber
OK, thanks. I wondered why they didn't get a new TG ID. Is there definitive time frame for the switch to MARCS?

jerk

It is Sandy Creek FD (Minerva). They are using this temporarily due to dissatisfaction with their 400 Mhz conventional repeater. They will transition full time on their own talkgroup when the Minerva tower for the new Stark County MARCS system is operational.

When you pick a poor location for the new repeater when the same location is not working for VHF, you get the same poor results on UHF. If they had used the Paris tower it would have solved their problems or tried the "other" water tower in town maybe would get better results. Not sure how a stand alone 800 MHz site is going to work, but it can be tied into the simulcast system

Status
Not open for further replies.