• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

apx8500 mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

esu78

is there an antenna solution with 3 ports for the multiplexer ?
seeking a one antenna solution if at all possible

One Antenna with 3 ports ----> V/U/7 Multiplexer --- to 1 antenna connection to radio.

Thank you
John

Mr_Boh

Confused. Are you looking for the multiplexer part number, or a triband antenna? There are several triband antenna options that use a single connector, so you don’t even need the multiplexer/multicoupler

crazyboy

I’m confused, if you are seeking a one antenna solution just connect an all band antenna to the antenna port on the transceiver.

esu78

Mr_Boh
crazyboy

sorry-

So yes, I am looking for a tri-band antenna- that will plug directly into the radio w/o the Multiplexer if avail

I also do have the multiplexer on hand - if I need.... but it sounds like i may not ?

let me know what your thinking... or any recommendations

thank you for your help

Mr_Boh

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
No need to have the multiplexer. Several options are available. Here's a few:

Panroma Antennas. Just pick your base. They even have an adapter to go to an NMO mount, or you can mount it to something like the Sharkee that also does LTE/WiFi/GPS

PCTEL

Laird

Larsen - seems to be the popular one around us

With the exception of the Panorama that uses a slightly different mount unless you get the NMO adapter, these all use a single NMO base with a single wire.

The PCTEL is what actually ships with the radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davo51

Premium Subscriber
The PCTEL is what actually ships with the radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the PCTEL from Solid Signal and it works great with my 8500, it also covers the VHF ham bands, which some tri-band antennas do not. So far good results with this antenna and the 8500

Mr_Boh

Another good one popular around here is the Sti-Co Tri-Band. There is a flexi-whip version of this too, have seen it, have touched it, just a pain in the rear to find someone who can get it. TESSCO rep couldn't find it.... Part number is RFMT-NT-V/U/C

APX7500X2

We have the Sti-Co and they work great, Our local Motorola dealer can't keep them in stock, Everyone is using them for the 8500 and scanner antennas.
They work great for both and they flex...They also make a glass mount version

Status
Not open for further replies.