1700 13 Sept 18 ESSEX CTY MASSACHUSETTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMOKE1

Premium Subscriber
GAS LINE OVERPRESSURE
in ESSEX COUNTY.
Over 50 active fires. Multi county callout. Citys involved, Lawerence, Andover, North Andover, Mass.
V/R
Ronzo

bgav

Premium Subscriber
Plot of fires from MSP Watch Center:

DnAWr8qU0AA5hHn.jpg

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a widespread case of over-pressurization? NiSource (who owns Columbia gas) stock is taking a nose-dive in after-hours trading, down almost 4% already.

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
50 fires breaking out simultaneously spread out over the entire area. I can't imagine any fire department expecting something like this.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
National Grid shutting off power to the entire communities of Andover, North Andover, and Lawrence.

SMOKE1

Premium Subscriber
I originally posted it where I did but the mod moved it to MA . only forum. Why put Broadcastify with worldwide coverage on your phone if you can't post a MAJOR ACTIVE incident?:roll:
V/R
Ronzo

mule1075

Feed Provider
I originally posted it where I did but the mod moved it to MA . only forum. Why put Broadcastify with worldwide coverage on your phone if you can't post a MAJOR ACTIVE incident?:roll:
V/R
Ronzo
With over 11 thousand active listeners it is not like it is going to be hard to find. Since it is happening now the Massachusetts forum is a perfect place for it. Better than it getting buried in the news and events forum.

SMOKE1

Premium Subscriber
I'm willing to bet Colonial some how connected the liquid storage farm directly to the service main. An 8 or 10 inch main at 20 psi GAS ( or water column equive) suddenly filled FULL with LIQUID LNG flashing to vapor sounds like someone opened a bypass.
V/R
Ronzo

SMOKE1

Premium Subscriber
The residents of all THREE involved communities have been told to Do NOT reenter thier homes untill the gas service to the house or business until the service has been inspected by Colonial gas or Fire Depts. Over 60 k buildings.

SMOKE1

Premium Subscriber
No traffic lights, can't enter houses for food or shelter... Absolute darkness, just sitting on the curb or on the grass.

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
Seems like the Lawrence Fire feed is down, probably due to the cut power to the area. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.