Uniden SDS100 no battery included? Purchased through amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello all!! Hope this is where to go and post this as I am New to the radioreference.I ordered my SDS100 over 2 1/2 months ago through amazon and it came with USB cable antenna adapter for ac-usb and no battery or battery cover box was banged. Amazon says they ship from the factory this way however I see people complaining about a small battery coming with the radio. I did not receive a battery at all and have been using it with the supplied uniden power box usb adapter and charge cable.. Unfortunately since its being operated only by the USB cable it seems that the charge port has started to get sloppy feeling. What does one do to obtain the battery that was supposedly never included with my radio according to a store on amazon (batteris are not included but will be sent to people later)..
I don't want to dispute it as I Have purchased the 3 upgrades and would be ripped off if I sent it back in. Tech supports very snotty and says there's no battery shipping date use the supplied battery. Unfortunately there is no supplied battery and I see posts where people are portable with their radios all over and i'm tethered to a charge chord an 3 beeps always stating insert batteries to enable user recording.. PLEASE HELP as I cant even go in other room and come back and replay a fire call in our area though the siren has went off because I cant replay the fire tone-out and pager messages...

So a question is WAS THIS RADIO SHIPPED FROM FACTORY WITH A BATTERY AND MAYBE THIS WAS A RETURN TO AMAZON?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
We have no way of knowing if this was a return, only Amazon would know that.

Why did you wait 2 1/2 months to act on this? This sounds really fishy to me...but I could be wrong.

mciupa

If you register your scanner at my.Uniden.com then you should get a replacement battery.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You should have gotten some kind of battery. Originally all sds100 scanners shipped with the "small" battery. There is a process taking shape that will provide replacement batteries (and doors) that are the "bigger" battery. Later/more recent shipments came with "bigger" batteries.

Bottom line - you should have gotten a battery with your scanner. Amazon's information is incorrect. I also wonder if Amazon actually has a relationship with Uniden (as in are they really a dealer like scannermaster, bearcat warehouse, Ham Radio Outlet, etc.).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Amazon is not shipping SDS100 from their warehouse. your purchase came directly from the Amazon dealer (webtron-x, Police Scanner Outlet, etc.). You need to work with them on either a return or getting the battery. From the description, this was almost certainly a product that was returned then resold, but can't say with 100% certainty. These certainly ship from the factory with a battery, so something happened between us and you.

SCPD

QRT
this is a copy-paste of the email sent to me

iSave - Amazon Marketplace <0crkr2hx2qb92b6@marketplace.amazon.com>
To:
******@yahoo.com

Aug 12 at 4:13 PM

You have received a message from the Amazon Seller - iSave
Order ID 114-4914608-0674603:

Thank you for contacting iSave.

We apologize if your product was incomplete. We were previously unaware of the situation as our orders ship to customers directly from Uniden. After contacting them today, they informed us that they upgraded the battery for the SDS100 unit, but do not currently have them available as they are still in production. However, as long as you have registered your scanner to http://my.uniden.com they will automatically send you the battery once they have the stock available. Per Uniden, they expect to have the inventory soon.

Please note the new battery is bigger and will be sent along with a new battery cover designed to fit the new battery.

If you are unable to wait for the battery to be sent, please let us know and we will have a pre-paid return label sent to you to return for refund.

Best Regards,

iSave Team

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Get your refund and buy somewhere else.

SCPD

QRT
I also assumed registering my scanner on my.uniden.com would yield a battery. I just assumed people were receiving their batteries as I was promised by ISave. it just goes to show how dishonest some sellers are when they are eager to make an all mighty dollar..

Amazon denied the request for refund..

buyer-guarantee@amazon.com
To:
******@yahoo.com

Aug 21 at 5:51 PM

Hello,

Although we understand your position Due to problems beyond the sellers control we have denied your request to file a claim. We know that this is not your ideal solution, but we do believe it is a fair one.

-- Order Number: 114-4914608-0674603
-- Date of Claim: August 15, 2018

Sincerely,

I will just wait on the battery but 800.00 was not worth this hassle. and who endy an email "Sincerely," note the comma , and there's nothing after that

SCPD

QRT
Amazon.com <auto-communication@amazon.com>
To:
******@yahoo.com

Aug 20 at 3:20 PM

Here is a copy of the e-mail that you sent to iSave.

Order ID 114-4914608-0674603:

------------- Begin message -------------

Look this was supposed to come with a battery I want my battery I already registered with my. [link removed] and it says they will be sending me an upgraded battery but there is nothing included with it for a battery or battery cover this is ridiculous for the price that I paid for the scanner that supposed to be portable and supposed to have came with a battery I want a battery sent to me as soon as humanly possible you can't walk around with this radio with it plugged into a USB port on a computer this is just outright ridiculous

------------- End message -------------

For Your Information: To help protect the trust and safety of our marketplace, and to help arbitrate potential disputes, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.com for two years. This includes your response to the message above. Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from possible fraud. Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on Amazon.com. Learn more about Safe Online Shopping (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=551434) and our safe buying guarantee (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537868).

So whom should I contact about this? Started a claim through BBB.org against amazon lets hope it doesn't get denied by them...

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Can you run the radio without a battery? I am asking because when I take the battery out of mine, the SD card holder flips open, and then I get an "SD Card Error" in very short order.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It looks like iSave thinks you are talking about the larger battery that will be shipped later and misunderstands that you received no battery or battery cover at all. I'd send an email to them clarifying that.

lou9155

why didnt you just send it right back? it obviously wasnt wasnt supposed to be without a battery and cover...you shouldnt have touched it...just printed return label
Hello all!! Hope this is where to go and post this as I am New to the radioreference.I ordered my SDS100 over 2 1/2 months ago through amazon and it came with USB cable antenna adapter for ac-usb and no battery or battery cover box was banged. Amazon says they ship from the factory this way however I see people complaining about a small battery coming with the radio. I did not receive a battery at all and have been using it with the supplied uniden power box usb adapter and charge cable.. Unfortunately since its being operated only by the USB cable it seems that the charge port has started to get sloppy feeling. What does one do to obtain the battery that was supposedly never included with my radio according to a store on amazon (batteris are not included but will be sent to people later)..
I don't want to dispute it as I Have purchased the 3 upgrades and would be ripped off if I sent it back in. Tech supports very snotty and says there's no battery shipping date use the supplied battery. Unfortunately there is no supplied battery and I see posts where people are portable with their radios all over and i'm tethered to a charge chord an 3 beeps always stating insert batteries to enable user recording.. PLEASE HELP as I cant even go in other room and come back and replay a fire call in our area though the siren has went off because I cant replay the fire tone-out and pager messages...

So a question is WAS THIS RADIO SHIPPED FROM FACTORY WITH A BATTERY AND MAYBE THIS WAS A RETURN TO AMAZON?

BigWonton

The manual lists everything that comes with the scanner (which includes a battery). At this point, you may be SOL if you sat on it for 2-1/2 months instead of returning it right away.

Attachments

• Included.jpg
    Included.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 153

JamesO

You may be even more SOL if the serial, number of this radio was shipped with the bigger battery. Uniden WILL NOT ship a bigger battery and replacement rear cover IF this serial number was original shipped with the big battery.

My guess is someone wanted the bigger battery and pulled the battery and rear door from the package. It was either a return or something else happened.

Good luck.

allend

Premium Subscriber
What a joke. Somebody buys a new radio and somebody or a company ponds it off as brand new or something is really fishy.

Instead this big headache that you have to go through it would of been best not to buy anything right now and wait like the people that got burned a few years ago. Not worth it anymore. Wait until both companies go through there old stock and then pull the trigger in six months when there is some competition. Plus the price will drop at least a 100 bucks

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You may be even more SOL if the serial, number of this radio was shipped with the bigger battery. Uniden WILL NOT ship a bigger battery and replacement rear cover IF this serial number was original shipped with the big battery.

My guess is someone wanted the bigger battery and pulled the battery and rear door from the package. It was either a return or something else happened.

Good luck.

This was supposedly sold before the new batteries were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.