• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MDC1200 Radio Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I'm having a bit of a brain fart and can't seem to find much. Does anyone know what portables can initiate a MDC1200 Radio Check? Working on an experiment that I need the function for.

Project25_MASTR

I'm fine with any brand but primarily looking for used. Right now I have access to some Astro, Astro 25, TK-5210's and maybe some Waris radios.

12dbsinad

Any of the newer Icom portables (past 8-10 years) will do full MDC functions. Radio check, RSSI check, stun, kill, etc. both TX/RX functionality.

Hytera has HDC1200 with the same features, my PD682 has that menu option. I would imagine it works on MDC1200 radios.

RadioGuy7268

Waris Pro Series - I know that the HT1550 would do MDC encode. Not sure on the EX series and/or any versions of the HT1250. Something tells me that the LS+ may have done it later on, I recall needing to do a firmware upgrade for a customer. I know that the CDM1550 would also do full MDC encode functions, but not exactly portable...

Project25_MASTR

Most mid-tier Motorola radios have handled encode since the 1990s. Just not all of them have been able to handle radio check from the admin side of the feature as it was typically supported in consoles such as the Comtegra.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Most mid-tier Motorola radios have handled encode since the 1990s. Just not all of them have been able to handle radio check from the admin side of the feature as it was typically supported in consoles such as the Comtegra.

I know that we could initiate both a radio check and alert from our Centracom Console with the Astro Saber, XTS3000, XTS2500 and XTS5000. I think I tried with both my HT1550XLS and EX600, but it was a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.