How can you hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
How can you hear the control channel data sound on the Trx 1 .in the search mode it skips over the sound.

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
Personally I find it a useful facility that the scanner automatically skips these control/data channels, unlike some others.

The Whistler is unable to do anything useful with them anyway as it has no facilities to decode the digital data, so why would you want to hear the sound.? Even taking the audio out through the discriminator facility is unlikely to produce anything meaningful as there seems to be no software that will decode the data into readable form.

Ubbe

Even taking the audio out through the discriminator facility is unlikely to produce anything meaningful as there seems to be no software that will decode the data into readable form.

There are several ones, the most popular being DSD+

/Ubbe

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
There are several ones, the most popular being DSD+

/Ubbe
Whilst that is true and I often uses DSD+ myself, it will just show you the data frames and the raw data, not the decoded contents thereof.

Yes it'll also show the colour code and maybe stuff such as "ARS. Tgt=222086 Src=16448250", it's not exactly what I would call meaningful data and neither is the string of binary code which is also displayed in one of the other windows. As ever, I'm more than happy to be corrected on those details.

Ubbe

How can you hear the control channel data sound on the Trx 1 .in the search mode it skips over the sound.

It is some sort of shortcircuit in the software guys brains at Whistler. Even if you un-tick all digital modes in both Tune and Search mode it still decodes digital and mutes all digital data signals. The demodulation mode are always set to au and you cannot force it to analog mode. It will search, or if you are in manual tune mode, and when it receives a carrier it waits to analyze it and after that it unmutes either analog AM/FM or if it detected digital it demodulates the signal and then unmutes. It doesn't matter if you select to decode DMR or not, it always demodulates DMR regardless of settings. It's probably the same with all digital modes but I don't have others to test.

It works as it should while in scan mode and browse mode, so both tune and search are not thought thru how it should work and where probably added in a haste without much thought went into it.

/Ubbe

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
So the Trx 1 Ignores c.c. and only does voice in search mode.i guess I will you the 1040 to find any new c.c. that become active.

Status
Not open for further replies.