SDS100/SDS200: How well does it recieve EDACKS systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

About the SDS100, I searched for info on this in the forums here with no luck. First let me preface this with the statement that I realize the unit shines in P25 systems (or so I hear) and that it's performance on edacks systems is not the main focus with this scanner as far as I can see. Here in central Florida there are a number of these systems still in use at the moment, and before I put out the money I need to ask this question. How does it do on these systems? Thanks in advance, TT.

Last edited:

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I searched for info on this in the forums here with no luck. First let me preface this with the statement that I realize the unit shines in P25 systems (or so I hear) and that it's performance on edacks systems is not the main focus with this scanner as far as I can see. Here in central Florida there are a number of these systems still in use at the moment, and before I put out the money I need to ask this question. How does it do on these systems? Thanks in advance, TT.
Which scanner are you referring to?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I did pm you. I forgot to add I do hear Walton Co some days of the week and Okaloosa County once awhile on the slers it sounds good.

shadcall

I am in Volusia County which uses an EDACS system. Mine has done very well in receiving it. This includes Provoice talkgroups which are used on occasion. I have only had my SDS100 for a couple of weeks and would recommend it. Please note that this is not a simulcast situation so I cannot address how well it does for that.

tampatracker

Thanks everyone for your replies, but its a big country and I'm just curious if anyone outside of Florida would care to comment?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks everyone for your replies, but its a big country and I'm just curious if anyone outside of Florida would care to comment?

I'm going to state the obvious. EDACS has been around forever. Every scanner manufacturer has vast experience in providing EDACS support. I monitor the AEP Networked (Eastern US) EDACS system from here, and it works fine. It's all analog, no Provoice.

But there is absolutely no reason to believe that the SDS should be somehow inferior / incapable / not-ready-for-prime-time when it comes to EDACS. EDACS just works, as long as you have everything programmed correctly.

Mike

tampatracker

I'm going to state the obvious. EDACS has been around forever. Every scanner manufacturer has vast experience in providing EDACS support. I monitor the AEP Networked (Eastern US) EDACS system from here, and it works fine. It's all analog, no Provoice.

But there is absolutely no reason to believe that the SDS should be somehow inferior / incapable / not-ready-for-prime-time when it comes to EDACS. EDACS just works, as long as you have everything programmed correctly.

Mike

That's good news, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.