Pro-2006: Pro-2006 repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for sharing this blog. I also enjoyed the resurrection of the Yupi 7000 as well. Your blog is now a "must read" for me.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Wow, that had to be a tough job! I hope you wore disposable latex gloves while working with it. (I'm only half joking.)

K7MFC

WRAA720
Wow that is quite an improvement! Was not expecting it to look that good in the last pic.

radiostationx

Glad you enjoyed the trip into this very sad looking Pro-2006, Thankfully she is partly returned to her former glory. One of the all time scanner greats. Im looking at further modifications and improvements time /work commitments allowing.
On the repair,The cat hair wasnt the worst part, I did say "the previous owner must have had a cat"...now cats have a tendency to mark their territory. Now I will leave those thoughts to your imagination.
The gloves were compulsory bob550, and I billed myself treble time 6079smithw !
I tried just about every "flavour" of fabreeze known, then repeated spray with 100% isopropanol which evaporates very quick and removes residue left by the UK fabuloso equivalent (applied with an artists brush) & fabreeze combo..the quintessential ton of baby wipes followed the first batch and then we were getting somewhere.
A few hours after I was banished to outdoors by the XYL, I slipped back indoors relatively unnoticed minus the said radio ! I said I left it in the shed...I sneaked it back in later that evening with the cleaned 2006 and it has been indoors ever since.
I said" it is a different radio" and I maintain that story to this day...

cmdrwill

Excellent job. Not very many would even attempt to even clean up a item in that shape, let alone a full 'restoration'.

Status
Not open for further replies.