BCD436HP cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtisa

My BCD436HP, during transmissions, will cut out every five seconds making it hard to hear a whole sentence or transmission. Is this normal with digital scanners or do I have something going on? Thanks.
Curtis

Priority?

My BCD436HP, during transmissions, will cut out every five seconds making it hard to hear a whole sentence or transmission. Is this normal with digital scanners or do I have something going on? Thanks.
Curtis

Check to see if you have one of the Priority modes turned on

That will do it...

If it is more like 5 seconds, then you have Weather Alert Priority enabled. (WX icon will be in the display.)

Look here:

http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml#toggle for priority modes

Last edited:

racing1

Curtis
Also try setting system hold time to 255 if your using a single site hold

Emoney250

Check you DELAY settings too. If it somehow got changed to -5 seconds, it will stop monitoring after 5 seconds and scan on.

curtisa

Check to see if you have one of the Priority modes turned on

That will do it...

If it is more like 5 seconds, then you have Weather Alert Priority enabled. (WX icon will be in the display.)

Look here:

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual for priority modes

Thanks Doc, I had the weather priority on. Turned it off and that cleared it up! I'm trying to get my feet under me with todays scanner technology. Haven't had a scanner since the old ones that took crystals. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Great!

Thanks Doc, I had the weather priority on. Turned it off and that cleared it up! I'm trying to get my feet under me with todays scanner technology. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Good news. Thanx for the update.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.