DSD+ and ICOM IDAS FDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspc

Hello,
Could the function decode ICOM IDAS FDMA protocol be incorporated into the DSD +? It is a system that has been increasingly used for years and there is still nothing to be able to decode.
Thank you very much, greetings.

racingfan360

Icom's use of the term IDAS continues to be very confusing: it sometimes refers to radios that follow the dPMR standard, and sometimes the NXDN standard. DSD+ already decodes (frames and voice) the latter. It decodes the frames-only for the former, but no voice. It might be helpful to use DSD+ as it stands today to figure out which type you are trying to decode.

As I understand it, Icom's dPMR variant also uses the AMBE2+ vocoder, so perhaps not a massive leap by the DSD+ developers to incorporate voice decoding beyond just the frame decoding of today? I have no idea how complex this might be, and I'm not as talented as the DSD+ developers.

D

DaveNF2G

Actually, according to Icom, figuring out which one it is should be easy.

If you are in North America, it is NXDN. If you are Europe, it is dPMR.

racingfan360

Actually, according to Icom, figuring out which one it is should be easy.
If you are in North America, it is NXDN. If you are Europe, it is dPMR.

I would love to say that it's as easy as that, but sadly it isn't the case in my experience. One of the biggest suppliers of NXDN radios in the UK that I know of uses Icom repeaters that are branded as IDAS. It's rare to see an IDAS radio not being used in NXDN mode. Why they simply didn't use different terminology is beyond me.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hello,
Could the function decode ICOM IDAS FDMA protocol be incorporated into the DSD +? It is a system that has been increasingly used for years and there is still nothing to be able to decode.
Thank you very much, greetings.

Please consider sending a raw audio sample to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com

1. Run DSDPlus on the signal in question that you want to decode (but DSDPlus will not decode)

It's best to do this when you know the system / channel is very active

2. In DSDPlus, press "r" to start a raw audio recording session

3. Record the raw audio for about 5 minutes. Then press "r" again to stop the raw audio recording session

You will find a file in your DSDPlus directory looking something like this:

DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2019-02-##@######.wav

Zip this file up (or not) and upload it to some file sharing place. Then send a link to that raw audio file to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com

A 5 minute raw audio sample is probably about 56 MB in size.

The key to getting any new protocol implemented (or even considered for implementation) is to make sure that the author has good raw audio to work with to begin with.

rspc

Hello,
I am in Spain and the system is dpmr according to tests performed, the dsd + does not provide any data of the dpmr in exchange for the dmr si. I have been sending the dsd fast lane tests for some time to incorporate the system, but I have not had luck yet.
Thank you.

Hola buenas,
Estoy en España y el sistema es dpmr segun pruebas realizadas, el dsd+ no aporta ningun dato de las dpmr idas en cambio de las dmr si. les mande hace tiempo al equipo dsd fast lane pruebas para incorporar sistema pero aun no habido suerte.
Gracias.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You should run DSDPlus with the -fm switch if you are monitoring dPMR. You should run DSDPlus with the -fn switch if you are monitoring IDAS. You should consider running FMPA (if running an Airspy) or FMP24 (if running a dongle) + DSDPLus, instead of using HDSDR. There is no way for any of us to know if any of your issues have to do with trying to monitor dPMR or if your issues stem from incorrect settings in HDSDR.

1. FMP24 + DSDPlus (tcp-linked)
2. -fm switch in DSDPlus for dPMR
3. -fn switch in DSDPlus for IDAS
4. 4 khz bandwidth should be set
5. add -v4 switch to DSDPlus (for increased verbosity)
6. Use "r" in DSDPlus to capture raw audio samples
7. Send raw audio samples (or links to raw audio samples) to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.