TRX-1: Reception Problems With TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I have both a TRX-1 and TRX-2 that are programmed with the same software from Whistler. I have the same 700 P-25 system programmed in both radios but the TRX-1 doesn't hear the system, the TRX-2 does. I've looked at both programs to see if I can see a different setting in one but I'm not seeing any differences in the settings. Any suggestions?

Ubbe

Program one of the control channel frequencies, or all, as an analog conventional and open up the squelch and listen to the frequency while testing different things with antennas, positioning and whatever you are able to do, to see if you managed to hear the data transmission. If you hear the signal then it is probably something wrong with the programming of the scanner and that will be your next step. But always first get a signal that the scanner can work with.

/Ubbe

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 Reception

The TRX-2 is on a 1/4 wave hole mount antenna on my vehicle. The TRX-1 has a rubber duck antenna on it. I've tried several antennas on it and they work well on aircraft, railroads, NOAA weather and other public safety systems. Silent on the FRCC trunked system that is in my area (Denver Metro Area).

This is what makes me think it's something I('ve done with the programming for the TRX-1 but I can't find the discrepancy between the TRX-2 and TRX-1 programming.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The TRX-2 is on a 1/4 wave hole mount antenna on my vehicle. The TRX-1 has a rubber duck antenna on it. I've tried several antennas on it and they work well on aircraft, railroads, NOAA weather and other public safety systems. Silent on the FRCC trunked system that is in my area (Denver Metro Area).

This is what makes me think it's something I('ve done with the programming for the TRX-1 but I can't find the discrepancy between the TRX-2 and TRX-1 programming.

How does the trx-1 work on the 1/4 wave? is the trx-1 programmed using the restore from archive function and the trx-2 archive? That would essentially CLONE the trx-2 programming.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 Programming

Using the restore feature seems to have solved the problem... Thanks for the assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.