Navy MIDLANT Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
After listening to all the airshow comms today it appears the security channels have changed. Looks like they combined some dispatch channels. Updated the fire info in the db today, see what I can figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Do you think any temporary changes may have been made due to the NAS Oceana Airshow? I was there yesterday, but didn't do any monitoring.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Ran procom today, alot of patched TG’s security is using A,B,C prefix to unit numbers and radio ID’s with different TG’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
NNSY Security 2 is patched to NSN Security 2 , Oceana and Northwest Security are patched. Lots of changes

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
27321 (Northwest Annex Security) to 27006 (NSN Security 1) and 27161 (Oceana PD 1) to 27096 ( JEB-WLC Security 1)

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Looks like YTNWS 1 is also patched to JEB west,1 and Oceana PD 1-3 is patched to JEB west 1-3 per pro96com , from the incident tonite at JEB

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Getting NWS Yorktown Security (27374) to NWS Earle NJ Security 1 (27649) , The NWS Earle is encrypted full time

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Though I don't get to the Southside of Hampton Roads all that often; when I do, trying to figure out who I am hearing between NOB, NNSY, Oceana, Little Creek, and Fort Story, is a nightmare. Then throwing in Yorktown just adds to the confusion.

Even with the RR displayed control channels entered for a specific base, I still get TGs from other local bases.

On my Unication G5 recently, I had the NOB CC locked on my NWSY system and was hearing the Norfolk talk groups. I live about 6 miles from NWSY and a good 20 from NOB.

It could be it is because they are all on the same DOD network (United States Department of Defense (14C)), with just RFSS and site numbers different. Also, some of the Midatlantic TGs seem to be used across the various bases.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
What is listed in the DB seems to be inconsistent with what I have been hearing, for example, I hear Naval Station Great Lakes Fire Dispatch (a LOT of calls!) on NWS Earle Fire 1 (27663), and dispatch identified on 27663 as "Channel 3"

27020 seems to be referred as MIDLANT FIRE TAC 1
27648 - NWS Earle Fire Training Related Traffic
27653 - NWS Earle Training (Echo Units)
27674, 27694, 27695 - Reference to NWS Earle Fire Engines

27737 - NSTA Newport - Reference to NWS Earle fire engines and ladder
27828 - SB New London Fire 1 - Reference to NWS Earle fire engines and ladder
27913 - Cutler LE/FD - Reference to NWS Earle fire engines and ladder

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
27020 is either or with Tac 1/ Fire Dispatch. I’ve head it called both. Also a lot of these channels are probably being patched. I know for the Security side around here they have been patching NWS Yorktown Security to NWS Earle Security. They have been reconfiguring the channels for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.