NASCAR coms

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynes

Premium Subscriber
Ran an analog search from 450 to 470 during the Richmond race tonight and only found digital noise. Did NASCAR teams go to digital radios? Could find little about it in a search. Thanks.

kma371

QRT
Ran an analog search from 450 to 470 during the Richmond race tonight and only found digital noise. Did NASCAR teams go to digital radios? Could find little about it in a search. Thanks.

the wiki lists a bunch of freqs but mode isnt listed.

waynes

Premium Subscriber
NASCAR Richmond

I used the RR wiki frequencies. They were a couple of years old. Only used the first channel listed. Programmed them into my 486 HP as analog. Heard nothing. Tried the NASCAR race control channel, 461.2. Nothing. Then did the search between 450 and 470 on another analog scanner, where I got the digital noise. External antennas, about 15 miles from the track, on the south side of the river. Too far?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I used the RR wiki frequencies. They were a couple of years old. Only used the first channel listed. Programmed them into my 486 HP as analog. Heard nothing. Tried the NASCAR race control channel, 461.2. Nothing. Then did the search between 450 and 470 on another analog scanner, where I got the digital noise. External antennas, about 15 miles from the track, on the south side of the river. Too far?

Definitely your problem, you were too far. Remember these are simplex channels not repeaters. I'm about a mile from the downtown area where I live and with obstructions I can not hear the simplex radios used for events there very well, if at all.

KM4REG

I used that same old list of freqs to try to listen to one of the Spring races. I'm about 3 miles from the track, and could hear the spotters okay, but I could only hear the drivers keying the mic,; couldn't copy their audio. Like I cared anyway.. NASCAR is sooo boring..

Status
Not open for further replies.