BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Analyze save

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
This has probably been covered before, but my search foo must be weak today.

I'm going to run an Analyze on a LTR trunks system in the next week or so. I'm not close to the system, but will be driving through it's coverage area twice early in October.

I plan to put my 436HP in the truck with a mag mount antenna and run Analyze.

My question is, when the firmware asks me If I want to save the results and I say "Yes", where do they get saved. Does the site information already programmed in get updated? Or does is save in some other location?

Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This has probably been covered before, but my search foo must be weak today.

I'm going to run an Analyze on a LTR trunks system in the next week or so. I'm not close to the system, but will be driving through it's coverage area twice early in October.

I plan to put my 436HP in the truck with a mag mount antenna and run Analyze.

My question is, when the firmware asks me If I want to save the results and I say "Yes", where do they get saved. Does the site information already programmed in get updated? Or does is save in some other location?

Thanks.
It updates the LCNs on the system you were analyzing. For the LCNs that were found, the 'found' LCN number will be entered in the system site information. If not all were found, the ones that were not identified (either because the system did have not enough activity to utilize them, or perhaps they are not currently part of the system, even though they may be on the license for the location) will show an LCN of 0.

Once you save them when exiting out of the Analyze screen, you can go in as if you are going to edit the system. Then, select Edit Site, and from the next screen, Edit Frequencies. Just enter through each frequency, and you'll get to the screen to 'enter' an LCN. The number that you see is the LCN that Analyze identified. As noted above, if that frequency did not have an LCN found, then you'll see a zero. Of course, you could also 'read' the scanner back into Sentinel or other software, and see what was found that way. Generally, I go through each frequency on the site, noting the found LCN & updating Sentinel accordingly, but of course 'reading the scanner' accomplishes the same thing.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. That's pretty much how I expected it would work, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about how firmware worked.

It updates the LCNs on the system you were analyzing. For the LCNs that were found, the 'found' LCN number will be entered in the system site information. If not all were found, the ones that were not identified (either because the system did have not enough activity to utilize them, or perhaps they are not currently part of the system, even though they may be on the license for the location) will show an LCN of 0.

Once you save them when exiting out of the Analyze screen, you can go in as if you are going to edit the system. Then, select Edit Site, and from the next screen, Edit Frequencies. Just enter through each frequency, and you'll get to the screen to 'enter' an LCN. The number that you see is the LCN that Analyze identified. As noted above, if that frequency did not have an LCN found, then you'll see a zero. Of course, you could also 'read' the scanner back into Sentinel or other software, and see what was found that way. Generally, I go through each frequency on the site, noting the found LCN & updating Sentinel accordingly, but of course 'reading the scanner' accomplishes the same thing.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. That's pretty much how I expected it would work, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about how firmware worked.
I'm with you on that. It does not always turn out like we expected it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.