BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Uniden .HPD audio logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuatree1

Need help. Some how all my recorded audio logs in my sd card got converted to .HPD files. How can I convert them so I can playback on my computer. I have tried many ways but no luck. Recorded files on sd card in scanner once read as time stamp and date recorded, now they are listed as file numbers 0001.hpd, 002.hpd, 003.hpd and so on. I would greatly appreciate some help

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
HPD files are the radio system database files, not audio recordings. They are normally found in the HPDB directory. Audio files are found in one of the Audio subdirectories and are "wav" files. HPD files cannot be converted to wav (as they do not contain any audio content).

joshuatree1

When I reinstalled my scanner sd card files where converted to .HPD. How or where can I find my recorded audio files? What should I look for? New to this scanner and appreciate your help. Thank you

joshuatree1

If recorded files are listed on sd card under user_rec as .HPD files and nothing else, did I lose all my recorded. All my files are shown but in this extension

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
When I reinstalled my scanner sd card files where converted to .HPD.

What do you mean by "reinstalled" the SD card?

Did you replace the card with a new one?
Did you reformat the card?
Did you use the Clear User Data function?

There is nothing in the scanner or the Sentinel software that could possibly convert a .wav file into a .hpd file.

Where on the card are the .hpd files you are seeing? Are you saying that the .hpd files are in one of the audio sub folders on the card? Or are they in the HPDB and favorites_lists (if you have created any favorites lists) folder?

As UPMan posted, any recording files would be .wav files in one of the two Audio sub folders on the card. If they are not there, they are gone. Did you transfer them to your computer?

If there are no .wav files in the Audio sub folders, they have either been moved, deleted, or the card has become corrupt.

The .hpd files are database files in plain text format. If you open one of the .hpd files on the card in a text editor (don't make any changes to it), you will see that they contain only database information.

Last edited:

joshuatree1

.HPD files

I connected 436 to usb on computer to listen to recorded audio using sentinel. Could not open files. I removed sd card from 436 and installed in computer to transfer files. Could not listen to recorded files. I re installed sd card to 436 using sentinel and still could not listen or open recorded audio files. I then noticed all recorded files where still present on sd card but now are listed as .HPD files in order they where recorded not with time stamp: example 0001.HPD, 0002.HPD, 0003.HPD and so on. All 50 or so files accounted for. THe files are all located in my BCD436hp folder shown when I connect to sentinel. That folder shows audio folder and when I open it it has 2 options, user_rec and inner_rec. user_rec has all the HPD files that where once recorded audio.
I appreciate your time and help

joshuatree1

Follow up to help question, the 436hp does record properly. I have tried record function and can play back directly from scanner. I have not tried to play back using usb to pc method.

Status
Not open for further replies.