Clone 436 to 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to copy my 436 content onto my 536 using Sentinel?

Eng74

You don't even have to plug in the 436 if you have your favorite list in Sentinal just plug in the 536 and write to scanner.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
So once that's done and you go back later to update the firmware or database on each scanner, does Sentinel automatically keep the 2 scanners separate? Are there 2 profiles then?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So once that's done and you go back later to update the firmware or database on each scanner, does Sentinel automatically keep the 2 scanners separate? Are there 2 profiles then?
You can set up two, or more profiles in Sentinel. One for the 436, a different one for the 536, maybe another for a trip you regularly take, like to visit relatives or friends in another state.

Regardless of how many 'profiles' you have, the Favorites lists will be the same in all of them, The differences would be more in the settings for which list(s) are downloaded, and how many of them are set to be monitored as well as downloaded. If you have an opening screen message, you might have one for the 436, a second one, with perhaps different wording for the 536. Just remember that any changes you make to a specific Favorites list will be passed along to the profiles devoted to either the other scanner model, or for a specific usage (such as a profile for a trip regularly taken).

Firmware updates are not affected by the profile that is active. Sentinel checks for any firmware updates available for the scanner model connected to the PC & Sentinel. The profile itself is not a part of this at all.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

In this situation, Sentinel "thinks" there is only one scanner involved. That's perfectly fine. You may notice that the opening message on the 536 will show 436. No problem unless you are really OCD :lol:.

(As noted above, checking firmware updates is a little different task).

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Would it be better to install Sentinel on 2 different PC's and use one scanner with each PC?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It would be "worser". Then you have two different sets of "stuff" you gotta keep up to date.

I'd recommend using two different profiles on the same machine. This isn't too difficult - I use about 6 different profiles depending on scanner and scanning scenario. You just have to pay extra attention to what you are doing. That's as in opening and working with, the correct profile.

You can do a "Save As" with your original profile and call it "536" and go that way.

If you are a very casual user and don't do a lot of different things, such as in one scanner certain Favorites Lists are off, but are on in the other scanner, you may want to keep it as simple as you can - use one profile for both scanners.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
With mine. I have a favorite list setup for my 4636hps and one for my 536hp (Since it's a little different in what it contains for my feed to Broadicastify.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
All is well. Used Sentinel to copy 436 content to my 536, using one profile. No problems so far. Thanks for all the info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.