New Digital frequency ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Fort Erie Ont.

Been doing some searching and found this,
400.0250 using DSD+ getting to many decode errors to get any good audio/all garbled, any idea what this is, might be encrypted.

TIII (HYT) SITE L13-3.1 DCC-1 SLOT 1-2
That's all the info I have
Steve

Muxlow

Super Secret
I know the CBSA at the bridge in fort erie are on a hytera system with AES encryption. All have Hytera PD782's in sudo trunking.

Since DSD is showing HYT thats that system would be my guess

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Info

I know the CBSA at the bridge in fort erie are on a hytera system with AES encryption. All have Hytera PD782's in sudo trunking.

Since DSD is showing HYT thats that system would be my guess

Yep I agree, should have been able to figure it out myself but didn't, I'm right across the street from the Peace Bridge, Also my CLOSE CALL on the scanner keeps going off all the time when they talk on there radios . thanks for the help.
Steve

ATCTech

I'd try that frequency on a different make/model of receiver or SDR in the same location. Dollars to donuts it's not really a digital signal at 400.025 MHz but the 396t is stuck there due to intermodulation products, mixing with a internal birdie, overload or some combination there-of.

Even easier, move the radio away from the immediate area and see if it drops out very quickly.

DaveH

I'd try that frequency on a different make/model of receiver or SDR in the same location. Dollars to donuts it's not really a digital signal at 400.025 MHz but the 396t is stuck there due to intermodulation products, mixing with a internal birdie, overload or some combination there-of.

Even easier, move the radio away from the immediate area and see if it drops out very quickly.

That's what I am thinking. The LMR band doesn't go down to 400MHz, in fact only to 406, and repeater outputs not usually below 410 but some exceptions possible (I seem to recall inverted pairs on 409/420MHz).

Hearing a fairly strong signal but not able to decode is sign of spurious. Try the attenuator, if signal disappears completely, probably a spur.

Start looking for very strong signals nearby, on other UHF frequencies.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.