• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MD782 FD CPS / RSSI program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my demo radio today, CPS 8.6.0.017 gives a
'model settings does not match' error.

Tools / read reset log downloads data. Anyone else programmed one of these?

Problem 2, the RSSI program does not see the repeater but does see the MD782 in subscriber mode.
Anyone got this working?

MSS-Dave

What is a MD782 FD? And what is an RSSI program? I've been away from Hytera for a little bit but I'm in the dealer tools right now and I don't see reference to any of this.

Maybe post the long model number as found on the tag on the radio?

MD782iG-U1 FD, this has the full duplex feature like the PD982 that is a slot 1 to slot 2 repeater. This has just been released even though it was due out at the end of the year (2017, not this year).

The RSSI program runs on a PC hooked to a repeater to record signal strength and GPS location which can then be downloaded and viewed in google earth. I guess it's not well know, the dealer portal does not have anything on it, had to get it from west support.

dazey77

I have been waiting ages for these to be available, not out in the UK yet. All I can suggest is talk to the distributor to see if there is a later cps needed for this radio. R9 is around the corner(there are some release notes about), I was expecting to see the two released together!

Be interesting to see how you get on with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPS 8.6.2.003 works on my 782FD. Hytera was closed for the week long holiday so I can't get my SFR license until Monday.

I managed to get the RSSI program working to a degree. I got the repeater program to work but had to give it access through the private and public firewalls. The subscriber program does not show GPS data, the FAQs say the mobile radio hooked to it must have the GPS option. I am going to test in the morning.

I think I found a bug, the repeater program shows signal level in dBm but the subscriber program shows the same dBm reading regardless of what the repeater saw from the user radio. Look at the tests from radio 9822 at 02.23.00 and 02.25.00.

I'm wondering why the repeater program can't show all the info like the subscriber does, it ties up a radio and PC just to run the subscriber program. The subscriber program requires a USB connection to the mobile, why not ethernet like the repeater setup?

I got the repeater program working on my demo RD982S but can't get another PC to see the repeater at a client's site. He's running IP multisite so I'm wondering if that's the difference. Waiting for my sales engineer to figure this out.

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 94
  • rptr.jpg
    rptr.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.