Streaming scanners - Alternative to Teamspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannews

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
I currently stream scanner audio from home to my mobile using Teamspeak.
I have different channels coming from different scanners. I currently use Teamspeak, but wondered if anyone who does similar uses something different?

AlaskaRadar

Hi all,
I currently stream scanner audio from home to my mobile using Teamspeak.
I have different channels coming from different scanners. I currently use Teamspeak, but wondered if anyone who does similar uses something different?

I did for a while but have switched back to traditional broadcast myself. Teamspeak is closer to real time but it is not really common and if you want to share requires the app. With a standard broadcast setup, everyone can share and the feed can be run from the web or app. Pro and con either way. At this time, I have 2 feeds that run from a little website I built (well one is down at the moment) and I can access from phone or PC easily. Pm if you want the link.

radar

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I used Zello for awhile. Recent updates allow you to listen to Zello channels online and you can even embed a web player. Might start one back up again.

nated1992

I suppose you could run a feed on here,
Or host your own audio server,
Or find someone that host there own audio server and would let you mount to it,
Then there is also a program like RadioFeed that has a built in audio server.

All of them will get you online with your feed however they all offer different user and listener experiences..

My feeds including the one i host on RR i run off my personal audio server and built a android app to listen to them on . I can also pull them up on my website. so if im at work i can listen on the computer, out and about my phone and at home they just play through the speakers directly.

RR feeds offer a nice advantage as they are integrated into many apps

h4waii

I've recently started using Discord for this. You can invite others to stream or listen, and easily control who can access what. Unfortunately there's no easy way to get radio data in to the chat, but for just audio, it's very usable.

Just to note, I found A LOT of white noise and distortion when using their Linux client, which is not present in Windows. I now have a dedicated Windows VM I use for it, and it works pretty well.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I've recently started using Discord for this. You can invite others to stream or listen, and easily control who can access what. Unfortunately there's no easy way to get radio data in to the chat, but for just audio, it's very usable.

Just to note, I found A LOT of white noise and distortion when using their Linux client, which is not present in Windows. I now have a dedicated Windows VM I use for it, and it works pretty well.

I use the screen sharing in discord to get the radio data to my users.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Just started using Zello with the widget for Attleboro, MA area fire departments. Very close to real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.