SDS100/SDS200: Excessive time to charge battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevnFour

Premium Subscriber
Had my SDS100 a week now. Excellent radio. My question is, what are you seeing for charge times for the big battery?

I've run mine down to the recharge warning a few times now - then it's plugged in. I am seeing 10+ hours (radio off) for a full charge to complete before the red charge LED changes to green. This seems excessive to me - maybe it's normal?

I've tried the "Set charge while on" option, too, but that means I have to be tethered to the USB cable.

Curious as to what you are seeing for full recharge times on your SDS. Thanks!

jasonhouk

Had my SDS100 a week now. Excellent radio. My question is, what are you seeing for charge times for the big battery?

I've run mine down to the recharge warning a few times now - then it's plugged in. I am seeing 10+ hours (radio off) for a full charge to complete before the red charge LED changes to green. This seems excessive to me - maybe it's normal?

I've tried the "Set charge while on" option, too, but that means I have to be tethered to the USB cable.

Curious as to what you are seeing for full recharge times on your SDS. Thanks!
Just finished up a full charge of the 5400 mAh (BIG) battery in the scanner while powered on.

14 Hours 34 Minutes.

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

racing1

Just finished up a full charge of the 5400 mAh (BIG) battery in the scanner while powered on.

14 Hours 34 Minutes.

Houk

How long does it take to fully charge the big battery with the scanner off?

racing1

Going to run that test tomorrow and will advise.

Houk

Also how low was the battery before you started charging it up again? I have mine set to shutdown @ 3.20 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.