Thunder Bay Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

goaheadover

Banned
It seems Thunder Bay fire has a digital sound coming from their analog freq.

Are they patched to a digital system now?

scantbay

Still hearing them on 154.190 for now with some volume issues being experienced by different units. Don’t seem to hear dispatch tones anymore. Hopefully, their talkgroups will remain unencrypted once full system is operational.

Any Further Info

Anybody have any further info as to what’s going on in the Thunder Bay Area with fire & police.
Considering that as I posted previously, police EDACS has disappeared from the RR database.
Have the police switched over to the same system?

mciupa

Thomas, I've returned the EDACS system to the database. Can you give it a listen and tell us if it is still active? A September 28th submission led me to believe it was not being used further.

Thanks!

Thank you!
Although I have the EDACS system in my favourites list, I have never been able to see any activity encrypted or not. Being new to this type of scanning, still in lhe learning process, I attribute this improper configuration on my end.
I assume I should “see” activity even with encryption. Never have.
The EDACS system was never removed from my favourites, and is on to scan.
Could I be missing something here in my configuration?

scantbay

The Edacs system was provoice encrypted used only by tbay police. The new P25 system now seems active with talkgroups in the 1000 series likely police and the 2000 series used by fire. All talkgroups I have scanned seem to be encrypted, so we’re done for now with fire. Not sure why they would encrypt fire, but it fits with the general desire of the current city admin to control the message. There will not be much to scan in tbay once fleetnet is upgraded and likely fully encrypted. Enjoy fleetnet in the short term, as the upgrading was just announced by the province today.

gokneuf

Premium Subscriber
The EDACS system is definitely gone, the new P25 system is using frequencies from the old system. Just like scantbay said I think the scanning days in Thunder Bay are just about over, Public Safety wise anyway.

mciupa

As per post #10, the EDACS system has returned to the Deprecated list.

Status
Not open for further replies.