AZ systems in LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Can anybody in the Vegas area hear any system from AZ? For example when the bridge jumper and other idiot with the armored truck held things up AZ DPS was in on that. Just wondering what site might work here in town or system might be heard?

DHAS12

Can anybody in the Vegas area hear any system from AZ? For example when the bridge jumper and other idiot with the armored truck held things up AZ DPS was in on that. Just wondering what site might work here in town or system might be heard?

I live in Kingman, and visit Vegas fairly often. If I remember right I am able to hear MCSO District 1 dispatch (156.150) in the Vegas area. You might also try MCSO district 4 dispatch which is what MCSO uses from the Dolan Springs area all the way up to the county/state line (155.655). I'm also pretty sure you are able to listen to AZ DPS pretty well (460.475). It might help if you have an elevated antenna on your house, I have an antenna on my car that works pretty well, and if I remember right I was able to hear MCSO and DPS the best in the Boulder city and Henderson area.

DHAS12

The closest AZ DPS radio site is near Willow Beach. This site also carries the AZ statewide law enforcement mutual aid frequency (155.475).
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=KIZ649

There is a MCSO repeater for District 4 (155.655) on Mt Wilson near Lake Mead.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=KOE284

Also, usually when DPS has to go up that way towards the dam they usually request assistance the NPS rangers from lake mead to also respond to incidents including car accidents since AZ DPS rarely has units that far north on 93. Sometimes they will also request MCSO for assistance if they have a unit in district 4 at the time.

Last edited:

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Several times when visiting the Las Vegas valley I was able to easily monitor 155.055 which is a repeater that covers multiple fire districts in Mohave County, AZ including Kingman. I was using a 1/4 wave mobile whip, driving around the valley.

DHAS12

Several times when visiting the Las Vegas valley I was able to easily monitor 155.055 which is a repeater that covers multiple fire districts in Mohave County, AZ including Kingman. I was using a 1/4 wave mobile whip, driving around the valley.

You're right I forgot about that one. I was actually able to hear this one from the Nv. Ut. State line near Mesquite on my way to St. George this past July. I was surprised to hear a call go out for KFD on my street that far away haha. I forgot to turn that scanlist off.

Status
Not open for further replies.