Offline programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloped39

Hello, this is my first time posting so I hope this is appropriate in context and placement. I have a question about using programming software offline.
My question is after I have a purchased premium membership and programming software can I use the software when I am not connected to the internet?
I.E. are the radio reference database files downloaded to my computer and accessible when I am offline?
Thanks in advance,
David.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello, this is my first time posting so I hope this is appropriate in context and placement. I have a question about using programming software offline.
My question is after I have a purchased premium membership and programming software can I use the software when I am not connected to the internet?
I.E. are the radio reference database files downloaded to my computer and accessible when I am offline?
Thanks in advance,
David.
The short answer is no in most cases. The database files are not available to you unless you are online. While opting for a Premium subscription allows you to use appropriate software to import frequency and system information into programming software, that can only be done when you are connected via the internet. However, while you cannot import information when offline, you can still use the software to edit your programming files, adding or modifying text tags and other data, as well as writing to, or reading from your radio(s).

However, if you are using a database scanner, such as Uniden's HP series (HP-1/-2. BCD436HP/-536HP, or SDS100), or Whistler's database scanners (WS1080, -1088, -1095, -1098, or TRX-1?-2), then the database is downloaded to your PC, and can be used for programming even if you are not online, as well as when no internet connection is available. (This also applies to the older Radio Shack & GRE database scanners, such as the PSR-800, Pro-18, Pro-668.) For the database scanners, the information is downloaded into their respective programs, supplied by the manufacturers.

sloped39

Thanks for the info Steve. It was exactly the information I was looking for.

Scan125

But I believe while you are online you can download that data is excel/xls format.

This means you can build you own off-line database that you can program the scanner from.

Status
Not open for further replies.