TRX-1 read/write

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP2

I'm having a problem reading/writing to my TRX-1 using the supplied cable. I had purchase a second cable and it's not working either. I tried using a different computer and the same result. I can write to the SD card by directly inserting it in a computer and update the data that way. I've looked in scanner but may have missed it is there a lock that would prevent a read/write to the scanner directly?
I wonder if the connector on the scanner is the problem.
Thanks for any help.
Mike

troymail

Silent Key
I'm having a problem reading/writing to my TRX-1 using the supplied cable. I had purchase a second cable and it's not working either. I tried using a different computer and the same result. I can write to the SD card by directly inserting it in a computer and update the data that way. I've looked in scanner but may have missed it is there a lock that would prevent a read/write to the scanner directly?
I wonder if the connector on the scanner is the problem.
Thanks for any help.
Mike

Has reading/writing using the cable worked in the past?

I've seen some problems on my PCs (Windows 10) where it works just fine for a while but over time it stopped. Most times, a reboot solves the issue.

Beyond that, it might be a driver issue and trying to force re-installation of the driver might solve it.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
If it is a driver issue, the best fix is to uninstall the software and driver, reboot the computer and do a clean install. Reinstalling over a problem will only lead to worse problems in most cases because any corrupted files may still exist.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The only reason to use the cable wich painfully slower then a card reader would be for firmware updates and to set the clock.

Those all need a working "comport" driver, transferring your data from your pc to the scanner doesn't require any special driver and should be plug and play, make sure the scanner is turned off, and you here windows chime indicating it has connected to the scanner, then see if the sd card shows up as a drive on the pc. if so it should work. if not it could be a card problem (not all cards play well with whistler scanners) I recommend sandisk brand CLASS 4 NO Bigger then 8gb. They can be ordered from Amazon for under $8 shipped with prime.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have Win10 and I have to reinstall drivers for most of my scanners every time Windows updates. If I turn off the updates I get more problems, so it is just a given for me to update/reinstall the drivers when I see Windows installing their updates, or shortly thereafter. I can hold off on installing Windows updates until YouTube videos stop working, then it's install and reinstall and update. Voila - everything is fresh about every 45 days or so hah

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.