Can Sentnel be used in more than once computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Yes. Have it installed on 5 laptops and 3 pc. So i can program my 436, sds100 anywhere

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fantasma25

Did you need to do anything to Sentinel in order for it to be able update from Radioreference on each laptop?
Thank you for the quick response.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If you do 1 for each computer and make sure to read radio to computer(s) to make sure it is up to date.

fantasma25

Correct, my question is, how do I get Sentinel to be able to update from RR? Do I first need to have it read my scanner? I have Sentinel on my home PC, now I've installed it on my laptop but when I try to check for updates it tells me that the operation is cancelled.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
This is the error message that I get when I try to update the database from RR.

Have you tried updating at a different time in case the servers were being updated? The other reasons I've seen this message pop up is from people using another language other than English on their PC or having a faulty internet connection.

If it is none of those, please try reinstalling the sentinel, and let me know if you are still having the issue.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Correct, my question is, how do I get Sentinel to be able to update from RR? Do I first need to have it read my scanner? I have Sentinel on my home PC, now I've installed it on my laptop but when I try to check for updates it tells me that the operation is cancelled.

Assuming this is a true stand-alone setup, I'd be suspicious of something not Sentinel related, but it's just showing up when you use Sentinel - if that makes any sense. It could be an internet thing, or some hardware setting, etc. Have you tried running Sentinel as an Administrator?

If both computers (laptop and home PC) are looking at the same files, something you'd do if the computers are networked some way, that network might be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.