Omaha Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The ORION system is Phase 2 capable. When I was in Omaha a few months back, Fremont was using some Phase 2 talkgroups, but I didn’t catch other agencies using Phase 2.

Omaha and Douglas County talkgroups we’re still Phase 1 last time I was there. Did they migrate to Phase 2?

The ORION system is Phase 2 capable. When I was in Omaha a few months back, Fremont was using some Phase 2 talkgroups, but I didn’t catch other agencies using Phase 2.

Omaha and Douglas County talkgroups we’re still Phase 1 last time I was there. Did they migrate to Phase 2?

I was wonder if there LE and Fire where on p2. I’m in Lincoln so can’t check. Was hopping someone had more input. I seen on the DB it says p2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NebraskaCoder

Fremont was phase 2 but I'm not sure when they switched back to phase 1. I tried the Douglas County Simulcast Site and Washington County. Neither had them as phase 2.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

scanomaha

As far as Omaha goes>>> ... Omaha FIRE switched over to Phase 2 awhile back, and for now.... Omaha Police is still on Phase 1...and eventually Omaha Law and Fire will be Phase 2 exclusively.. (The OFD talkgroups that are in the 400 range are the ones that are Phase 2)

Last edited:

NebraskaCoder

I was going to say, I didn't think anything was popping up as Phase 2 right now. (I could be mistaken)

SDOG

Omaha PH2

The OFD talkgroups that are in the 400 range are the ones that are Phase 2.

I have radios that are phase 1 only that still receive OFD on the new talk groups. My understanding was that the new talk groups are mixed mode PH 1 or PH 2. May be wrong but was from a fairly good source.

NebraskaCoder

After relooking at things last night with my SDS100, OFD was for sure phase 1. However, Fremont, at least at night, was phase 2. I was able to confirm it as phase two on both Douglas County Simulcast Site and Washington County Simulcast Site.

SquierStrat

Being a fremont resident who listens regularly, I have never seen fremont use phase I. Im not gonna say i look at the scanner EVERY time i hear something, to verify which it is... But, of all the times i have seen it, i have never seen fremont use phase I

NebraskaCoder

Are the other MUD TGs also on ORION now? The MUD Smartnet system appears defunct.
I regularly scan the entire system and I haven't noticed any new unidentified talkgroups. So far, no other MUD talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.