Uniden Bearcat vs. broadcastify

Status
Not open for further replies.

estevemartin

I have been having a hard time getting my Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP to get as much activity on my favorites as an online live feed. I've tried to use the frequencies that are in the sentinels software database. However, those all seem to be analog to where the online versions seem to use the updated digital frequencies. So, I have tried to update my favorites with all of the digital frequencies I got from Digital Frequency Search (https://digitalfrequencysearch.com/Search/NXDN.php). I used the P25 type for Sentinel format for Ionia michigan. Yet the online feeds get more activity then my Bearcat. The broadcastify.com says:

“Ionia County Central Dispatch dispatches Police for: Belding, Portland and Lake Odessa.
*I am currently only scanning the Digital talkgroups, you can listen to the analog fire on Ionia County Sheriff and Fire, City Police/Fire Feed*
-34P911
-34F911N
-34F911S
-34F12
-34F09
Using a Radio Shack Pro 197 Digital Trunking Scanner with a donated HP desktop.”

However, I not sure what the 34.. numbers mean nor how to enter them into the Sentinel software for scanning locally.
Images are attached to show the info I have been typing about.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• broadcastify.JPG
    broadcastify.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 351
  • DigitalFrequencySearchResults.jpg
    DigitalFrequencySearchResults.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 356
  • DigitalFrequencySearch.jpg
    DigitalFrequencySearch.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Sentinel.jpg
    Sentinel.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 350

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
They would be the Alpha display on the radios in the units. They correlate to the following talkgroups and agencies:

34P911- TG 3100-Central 9-1-1 Police: Dispatch
34F911N- TG 3101 Central 9-1-1 Fire - North Dispatch
-34F911S- TG 3831 Central 9-1-1 Fire - South Dispatch
-34F12- TG 3925 Berlin-Orange Fire Dept.
-34F09- TG 3938 Ronald Twp. Fire Dept.

It appears that sites 16 (Portland), 34 (Saranac) and 37 (Ionia) serve Ionia County, so you would need to enter the following control channels and alternates for each system 853.900/853.400 (16), 853.450/853.8125 (34) and 853.5625/852.7375 (37.) You may be able to get away with entering them as a single trunked system, but I would enter them as three seperate systems

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Follow-up to Ed's comment.

The link is to the Statewide page where the data is found. Its also in the Sentinel database too. It a little like finding a needle in a haystack.

Broadcastify information is a little misleading.
Belding is tied to different city
Portland is stand alone
Lake Odessa nothing found.
None of the frequencies needed are listed.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100

Good Luck, Mike

estevemartin

Thanks for your responses and help. I should point out that I am a complete newbie. I'm sure I am not doing something correctly.

Here is what my favorite is looking like now. The only one I am monitoring is "Ionia_County_Digital_II".
Online feed is more active. What am I doing wrong? I hope I am getting closer.

Attachments

• Ionia.jpg
    Ionia.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Portland.jpg
    Portland.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Saranac.jpg
    Saranac.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 274

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the talkgroups programmed?

EDIT:

Sorry, I see you're in search mode. Are the Service types enabled?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Do you have the talkgroups programmed?

EDIT:

Sorry, I see you're in search mode. Are the Service types enabled?

It actually looks like he scanning the system frequencies conventionally.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
34 corresponds to Ionia county being 34th in alphabetical order in the state. Those closely replicate what the users on the system actually see on their radios.
If your using sentinel it will automatically fill in all the text.

One thing when you compare online to a scanner, understand due to the net its always delayed some 20-25 seconds compared to the scanner.

This is a VERY common item for new people, it 'appears' all you have in your favorites are frequencies, no talkgroups. Delete those that you have currently, start again.

Take a look at some of these - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=536hp+scanner
and the 436hp is the portable version of yours-
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=436hp+scanner

If you do it right, it will reverse, where yours will be busier than online! :)

Last edited:

estevemartin

Thank you for all of the help all.
Just finally getting a chance to watch the videos.
The hpe file was so helpful and seems to be working great for the most part.
I have been comparing the live feed on my phone to the actual scanner. They both seem to be picking up feeds the other isn't. When its just activity on the live feed it shows some numbers at the bottom.
- 34P911
- 491P911
Those seem to be the only two that show up on the live feed. However, that activity doesn't happen on the actual scanner.
Are those two in the hpe file? Maybe I am to far away. I live down town Portland. 48875

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
34P911 is in there, 491P911 is not. Remember, there is a 20 second to 2 minute delay on average of real time to when the feed comes through the computer. With a larger scan list, it is also quite possible that other channels are active and being picked up by one scanner while the other is receiving on a different talkgroup.

estevemartin

Thanks again for you all of your help.
It's not a delay. They are talking about different things I made note of that because it was mentioned in an earlier response also.

Status
Not open for further replies.