trx1 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcillig

ok, guys, I got a pro 106 and a trx1, the pro 106 pops with my config. Non-stop chatter, I have my local police and county police set up for scanning. The pro 106 never stops for more than a min or so, constant talk going on. It's great.

Sometime back about a yr or so ago I got a trx1 and it worked for quite some time and then it quit working, now I can't pick up anything but the weather.

Because the pro 106 works so good I imported my pro 106 setting with the Whistler software and then loaded it to my trx1, still nothing. I made sure the scan lists and scan sets are checked. Still, nothing I've messed with the settings so much I ended up default resetting it more than once. I just can't get it to pick up anything. I also made sure the v-scanner folder was the correct one being active, even made it #5 just so I knew it was set up.

Any suggestions or idea would be great. It does now and then stop on a signal but I get no sound. I've tried a ton of different antennas and locations and still nothing. Most of the time I got a solid 4-5 bars and S is flashing nonstop, rarely do I see the T trunking flashing. I've opened and closed the squelch to see if it helps but no luck.

I have lost the trx1 manual so not sure of what else I can do. I also just too see ran it through and programmed it with the library in the scanner and still, nothing worked.

Thanks, everyone and anyone who might help me out.
Rob

rayvelcoro

Not trying to be funny, and this is probably not the problem since you went back to default settings, but make sure the attenuator is not on ("GA" symbol in display would be enabled).

rayvelcoro

Also, there could be an interrupted antenna signal from a loose wire underneath the antenna attachment or in the circuitry. Have a technician open the unit and check for this.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Stock antenna is Junk, I would do a power reset first,if still no reception then reload the cpu firmware, then if it's still a issue, reload your data onto the micro sd card and lastly if still a problem reinstall the dsp firmware.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
ok, Most of the time I got a solid 4-5 bars and S is flashing nonstop, rarely do I see the T trunking flashing.

I'm wondering with this happening if you are getting interference from something. Are you powering it with the batteries or using the usb cable? If you are using the usb cable try powering with the just the batteries and see if there is a difference.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
All good suggestions for you to consider and try. It is my observation after countless posts similar to this that it is usually something in the global settings overlooked. One little box checked or unchecked. Something enabled or disabled across the board. Actived or inactive. I don't remember if you said or not, did this suddenly occur after an update? Be patient, start from the beginning, and go back and thoroughly check all of your settings. You will find it...eventually.

JD
kf4anc

Swipesy

I agree with TailGator911. Several years ago I had the same issue with my PSR-800. Drove me nuts. Finally I made a small totally new configuration for a test and it worked again. Then I rebuilt my configuration off the new and all was well.

rcillig

Not trying to be funny, and this is probably not the problem since you went back to default settings, but make sure the attenuator is not on ("GA" symbol in display would be enabled).

it isn't, and I'm checking into someone who can take a look inside of it for me for anything loose.

rcillig

Stock antenna is Junk, I would do a power reset first,if still no reception then reload the cpu firmware, then if it's still a issue, reload your data onto the micro sd card and lastly if still a problem reinstall the dsp firmware.

I've tested it with every antenna I got, what exactly is a power reset If I may ask?

rcillig

I'm wondering with this happening if you are getting interference from something. Are you powering it with the batteries or using the usb cable? If you are using the usb cable try powering with the just the batteries and see if there is a difference.

I've tested it with and without power hooked up and even today took it for a car ride and tested my mobile antenna and got a few pickups but they were only a few mins at a time till it quit.

rcillig

All good suggestions for you to consider and try. It is my observation after countless posts similar to this that it is usually something in the global settings overlooked. One little box checked or unchecked. Something enabled or disabled across the board. Actived or inactive. I don't remember if you said or not, did this suddenly occur after an update? Be patient, start from the beginning, and go back and thoroughly check all of your settings. You will find it...eventually.

JD
kf4anc

you know thinking back I think it did start after an update, I will check into the global setting and make sure and post back with questions if I come up with some.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
If all else fails give whistler a call and see if they can help. I've never used their customer service but I see others have had good experiences with them. There is a 800 number for them in the link I give you for the manual.

rcillig

ok, factory reset it and redid my whole set up, sometimes it catches on and plays like mad but then it drops and will be silent for over an hr.... I don't get it. Also, the squelch has to be in the 6-7hr clock hand range for it to pick up anything. That's almost fully closed or open I'm not sure.

So I want to rule out the antenna to make sure it's not the issue. Can you guys recommend me a good one for home and on the go, and on the go I mean some kinda ducky thing I can use white out and about. A friend told me to get a Diamond SRH789, is that a good one or are there better ones available?

I got an 800mhz ducky and a telescope one, but neither works well on the trx1.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
ok, factory reset it and redid my whole set up, sometimes it catches on and plays like mad but then it drops and will be silent for over an hr.... I don't get it. Also, the squelch has to be in the 6-7hr clock hand range for it to pick up anything. That's almost fully closed or open I'm not sure.

So I want to rule out the antenna to make sure it's not the issue. Can you guys recommend me a good one for home and on the go, and on the go I mean some kinda ducky thing I can use white out and about. A friend told me to get a Diamond SRH789, is that a good one or are there better ones available?

With the scanner sitting in the same spot ...after an hour it goes deaf? or were you mobile with it?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like something inside the scanner might be over heating and stops functioning.

budevans

You mentioned the Squelch setting. There was a problem with the early firmware regarding the Squelch. I'd suggest that you connect your scanner to Sentinel and select Updates - Check For All Updates. It will tell you if your updates are current or out of date and allow you download and install the current CPU and DSP versions.

If that doesn't fix the issue, a call to Whistler Support should be your next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.