Shack Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceans777

Listener
I humbly submit my Amazon desktop rack shack, a before picture with receivers stacked on each other and after on the rack shelves. AOR AR-DV1 will replace the Uniden scanners lower left this week, they will come out on desk for better audio options until a bigger rack is justified...
Eventually hope to add another AOR AR5000 A+3 if a mint one comes up and enjoying this setup very much as is from HF and up. Lots of milair and KATL traffic right overhead every day. Labels to remind my aging brain which antennas are the Wellbrook loop and which on Pars, etc.
Happy monitoring whatever you choose and use!

Attachments

• 6C12C156-EABC-4768-9B03-03673DBDD867.jpg
    6C12C156-EABC-4768-9B03-03673DBDD867.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,003
  • B9D8D50B-A623-4048-87B9-36CB33F887BC.jpeg
    B9D8D50B-A623-4048-87B9-36CB33F887BC.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,982

oceans777

Listener
Thanks Rt169Radio and really liked your shack pics - we both use same Astrons too!
Tumegpc yes that was a primary goal, helps a lot when they are on all day and many nights :) Thanks!

ridgescan

You have the right mix to cover everything, with a bent towards HF. Ridgescan-approved:) I know the R75 and R8600, but could you please tell us what radios are at the right of the 75 and 8600?

N8IAA

I humbly submit my Amazon desktop rack shack, a before picture with receivers stacked on each other and after on the rack shelves. AOR AR-DV1 will replace the Uniden scanners lower left this week, they will come out on desk for better audio options until a bigger rack is justified...
Eventually hope to add another AOR AR5000 A+3 if a mint one comes up and enjoying this setup very much as is from HF and up. Lots of milair and KATL traffic right overhead every day. Labels to remind my aging brain which antennas are the Wellbrook loop and which on Pars, etc.
Happy monitoring whatever you choose and use!

Didn't know Amazon did desk top racks.:lol:
But, I have to say it is an outstanding shack. Great radios. What are you using for antennas??

Larry

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Nice rack! Hope I don't get slapped for saying that - har har - very nice setup there, very streamlined and efficient and professional looking! I like it - good job!

JD
kf4anc

Ubbe

Wow! Just the gear in the picture are worth more than $15.000 and then you have the computer and software and the whole antenna system and on top of that more gear are making its way into the rack. You really have to be dedicated to the listening hobby and have something to monitor to spend that kind of money. Wow!

/Ubbe

oceans777

Listener
You have the right mix to cover everything, with a bent towards HF. Ridgescan-approved:) I know the R75 and R8600, but could you please tell us what radios are at the right of the 75 and 8600?

Thanks Ridgescan, I think you mean the silver WinRadio G305e - 9 kHz to 1800 MHz. Used mainly to log ACARS now but nice on all bands and does very well on HF.
Then the handhelds are two Icom IC-R-30's and the other handheld is of course the Uniden SDS100. Always enjoy your posts, thanks for Ridgescan approval!

K4EET

Chaplain
Awesome setup there. Very well done! Kudos!

Do you have a link(s) to the parts for where you purchased the rack from?

Cheers! Dave

oceans777

Listener
Didn't know Amazon did desk top racks.:lol:
But, I have to say it is an outstanding shack. Great radios. What are you using for antennas??

Larry

You're exactly right it's just from Amazon but the rack is a StarTech.com 8U Desktop Rack 19" Open Frame Rail Components with 2 lower NavePoint Cantilever Server Shelf Vented Shelves Rack Mount 19" 1U Black 8" (210mm) deep and top is Rosewill 2U Universal Vented which keeps it's squared and all receivers level.

Antennas - a Wellbrook ALA1530LNP loop (insanely quiet antenna with outstanding reception) and two Par EndFedz, HF SWL about 25' feet up set as slopers. One Par is facing N/S and one E/W.
VHF/UHF is currently a Diamond N Discone on a tripod at ground level which will be going up to roof soon. Also using 2 RF Space UWB antennas to experiment with digital and Remtronix to grab the Atlanta/surrounding P25 systems. Thanks sir!

oceans777

Listener
Nice rack! Hope I don't get slapped for saying that - har har - very nice setup there, very streamlined and efficient and professional looking! I like it - good job!

JD
kf4anc

I think we can still get away with it here, I did put it out there so.. :D Thanks very much!!

oceans777

Listener
Wow! Just the gear in the picture are worth more than $15.000 and then you have the computer and software and the whole antenna system and on top of that more gear are making its way into the rack. You really have to be dedicated to the listening hobby and have something to monitor to spend that kind of money. Wow!

/Ubbe

Hi my friend, yes but this is a group paid for largely by selling previous receivers and contract work over time - the NetSDR is a decade old or more and it all pays off as I spend about 10 hours a day listening. Makes working at home so much nicer! :lol: Thanks!

oceans777

Listener
Very,very nice. Maybe when I eventually retire to Fla. I can get my nice shack back. Enjoy.

I'm sure you will! Great monitoring and many radio folks, down there, we just came back from friends in Fla and he has his shack build in progress, ham reaching Spain and Germany and Canada among others. We got Bob Heil a few weeks back and lots of California QSO's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.