464.1875 in Bergen/Passaic Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX160

I'm hearing a control channel on this frequency in the Paramus area and in Passaic County, with a pretty strong signal no matter where I go. It must be a control channel because it is constantly there and then gone. Tried P25 and DMR - and it doesn't seem to be either, but then, I'm no expert. Does anybody have an idea of what system it is?

Thanks!

Interesting...I got a request from a friend who was curious about this frequency a couple months back;)

Unfortunately, I couldn't get anything on that frequency from the Eastern section of Morris County.

What do you mean by "It is constantly there and then gone?" A CC should be constantly transmitting, but I also believe that in the DMR world a CC only uses up one slot, so the other slot can be utilized for voice if needed.

And what are you using to receive DMR? It's possible that the system is using RAS, which would prevent you from hearing anything at all if you happen to be using a commercial radio as opposed to a scanner or DSD.

DX160

They rotate the CC on some trunking systems quite often.
I borrowed a 996 DMR from a friend and was trying all kinds of frequencies. This one seemed strong.

K2JVS

Thanks K2AJB, WTP, and Barney6 - i like the taking off the antenna idea!

wtp

the antenna out thing

it works for REALLY close signals.
close call/signal stalker will work, but not for DMR.
program the frequency and hold on it.

the other use for the antenna out is to find birdies in the radio.
set up a lowest to highest search with the antenna out, and you will find them.
it sounds like an open carrier.

Barney6

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody heard any further information on this matter? I was hearing a strong motorboarding sound on 464.1875 yesterday and part of today. Assuming it's the Garden State Plaza security (Black Friday) but I could be wrong. I'm not that savoy with LCN Finder and the like. TIA, Chuck.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.