TRX-1 Trunking WildCard SKIP/ L/O Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
Apologizes for the questions, but I been setting up a Trunking Wildcard recently and I am trying to "Skip or Lockout" a single TGID (when the WILDCARD stops on a TGID) which is Encrypted and I would like to Skip or L/O that Encrypted TGID only, but continue scanning that WildCard without L/O this Trunking Wildcard channel, (hope this make sense). I tried Skip & L/O and the WildCard goes quiet and when I continue to scan at this WildCard channel it shows the L/O or Skip enabled. Help & Thanks ! Listening to the Encrypted tones are getting annoying just want to hear non encrypted audio only.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Skip/LO

You have to press "menu" button when the offending talkgroup is in action, it gives you the chance to SAVE it to a list and then you can lock it out. Otherwise, you'll keep hearing it if it's not locked out. If you already saved that Encrypted TG to a list? you can go to (browse objects) in the global settings and lock it out where you saved it. Same for the WILDCARD itself .... you turn that on or off depending on what scanlist you saved it too. ALL this is considering the TRX-1 menu is the same as my WS1080. Not sure if they are. If you don't save/ lock something out? you'll keep hearing it with a WILDCARD. This is one reason I always import all the talkgroups including ENC in a System/SITE and have the controls set to "lockout" Enc in the Import library. That way if I use a Wildcard later? all the enc stuff is already locked out and imported

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoney250

I remember seeing on the Whistler software (for the TRX 1) where you can check a box to "ignore encrypted TGID".

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 ENC/Skip

@EMoney250 .... Yes, THAT control refers to talkgroup import only though I think. Setting up a WILDCARD in a scanlist reopens everything through that SITE. If you (Intellgence2008) haven't already downloaded all ENC talkgroups in your area and locked them out in the same scanlist as the WILDCARD? you can just hit "MENU" when ENC talkgroup comes on, STORE WILDCARD, then save. Start scanning again, When it comes up again, press "SKIP" *making sure "SKIP=LOCKOUT" is enabled. You can get rid of ENC talkgroups that way one at a time leaving only in the clear stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You can also go to Advanced Features then Audio Options in EZ Scan and in the lower left corner select Encrypted Audio "SILENT" and the audio won't play.

This change can also be done on the scanner through the programing option.

RDGDigital

This is how I do this:

1. When an (encrypted) talkgroup that is not already programmed into the system shows up, it will display as "Wildcard".
  2. While it is still displayed, I press "MENU" and select "Store Wildcard".
  3. The scanner will continue scanning and this channel is now stored in the system with an Alpha Tag of the Trunk Group ID number.
  4. When that Alpha Tag (Trunk Group ID) becomes active again, I press "SKIP"
  5. Now the scanner will continue to scan for both programmed channels and Wildcards (of course leaving out skipped channels).

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for the assistance . I went with the STORED method and L/O from the list on EZ Scan , work perfect now I am able to catch clear audio traffic only. Again Thxs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.